How do I secure offroad lights on ARB bumper so they dont get stolen?

BulletHead

Adventurer
I hope this is the right place to post, I did not see a section dedicated for lighting.

Anyways, I have a pair of HID off-road lights to be mounted on my ARB bumper but would like to secure them so they cant be stolen. Any ideas?

BulletHead

Adventurer
Yes, that would work. I was thinking the type that people use on their wheels but do they make them that small?

edit: I did find some sites that sell them but they want to sell 1000-2000 at a time. Anyone know of any that sells them by the piece?

Last edited:

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
There's the Barri Nut (never used it, but I heard about it before)
http://www.expeditionexchange.com/barrinut/

DSC09519340.jpg

petrolhog

I have them on mine and it works great. No problem so far, I have the Hella 4000. I guess if they want it so bad they can just loosen it from the light adjustment screw.

4x4mike

Adventurer
I've had mine stolen. They took the light off the tab at the adjustment screw. I've been temped to tack weld the nut on my current set but I like to adjust them (offroad-high vs. on road-low). My intent when mounting my new lights was to make them temporary and take them off when not used and leave them at home. I ended up drilling the bumper and bolting them on. We'll see.

XJINTX

Explorer
Just wonder where you all live that they would steal lights??

Actually good post... I can make use of those nuts :)

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I usually use 'el cheapo lights for this reason....

But for my more expensive ones I've done the tack weld thing...same with the winch and bumper itself....it's pretty darn easy to cut the winch leads and unbolt the entire bumper otherwise.

-H-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior