Ouachita National Recreation Trail

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I am planning on hiking the length of the Ouachita National Recreation Trail over the next 12 months. I will divide the hike up into ten weekends. I have heard of a gentleman who operates a shuttle service for hikers on the western part of the trail. My question is, on the eastern parts of the trail, is there a shuttle service. I'm trying to plan and would prefer not to have to drop off alternate modes of transport, then return to primary (know what I mean?).

Last edited:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
So I have completed the first 34 miles of the OT. The first 20 miles was pretty bad... as it rained the whole time and there are lots of slippery rocks. Hiking in the clouds was an interesting experience. Anyways, a few pics are in order.
IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
A new hiking season is almost here, and there are still many miles left to trek to finish the trail. I will be taking a few three day weekends this fall and finishing the trail in chunks.

Anyone interested in coming along for a walk in the woods?

BTW Fat_Man, I appreciate the offer. If it is still open I may take you up on it! :)

S

Street Wolf

If time allows, I'm up for it. Not sure how I'm going to manage a three day weekend though unless I just get lucky and have nothing to do at work on that scheduled Friday.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Aha! Finally found our pics and a few videos from the first section.

OuchitaNationalTrail10-09004.jpg

OuchitaNationalTrail10-09006.jpg

OuchitaNationalTrail10-09010.jpg

OuchitaNationalTrail10-09022.jpg

OuchitaNationalTrail10-09028.jpg

OuchitaNationalTrail10-09035.jpg

Videos. Sorry for the shaky camera!

OuchitaNationalTrail10-09045.jpg

OuchitaNationalTrail10-09043.jpg

Last edited:

ccarm

Adventurer
Hey great idea. Love the pics. It's amazing at how much there actually is in Arkansas when you look for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles