Pickled eggs

4 play

Observer
our family eat a lot of pickled beets. we use the left over juice from the beets to make a batch of eggs.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
When I worked 11-7 at the hospital, we'd go out for a beer after work occasionally. The running joke was that we were going for "sausage and eggs", which was really pickled polish sausge and pickled eggs. You meet really interesting people in a bar at 7am:costumed-smiley-007

Michael Slade

Untitled
Sweet! I have seven laying-hens and a plethora of fresh eggs. I will be trying this this weekend also! Hmmmmm! Pickled eggs! :Wow1::victory::drool:

AK_Brian

Pickled Goodness

Go to the B and B bar in Houghton Mi.
I never ate them, but everyone else loved 'em.

I personally like the picked eggs at The Dog (Douglas Houghton Saloon) better than the B&B but its really a personal kind of thing. Like whether to put ketchup or gravy on your pasty.

Here is my recipe:

Chop up some onions, jalapeños,garlic and what ever veggies you like.
Throw your spices in. I used redpepper flakes, black pepper, pretty much anything I have around.
Fill a pot with Half white vinegar, half apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil. do not inhale the vapor and make sure your hood fan is working otherwise you will smell up the house, which you probably will do anyway.

Have your hardboiled and peeled eggs in the container with some baby carrots and pour the hot liquid over the eggs. Let sit for a month or at least two weeks.

The eggs will be good, the carrots will still be crunchy.

Check out the Michigan Technological University alumni page for other recipes.

Now if I could only find some Old Milwaukee in AK to go with my pickled eggs.

Brian

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I haven't had pickled eggs in a long time, just earlier today someone was talking about pickling veggies and geting them to be spicy, so I guess I need to try out some spicy eggs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94