Hannibal Awnings...Price, Where to buy in USA?

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Hello all, well, title pretty much says it all

I am looking for a hannibal awning, and I have no idea what the prices on these things are. Furthermore I do not know if there is a place where you can actually purchase them in the U.S.

The big reason I like the hannibal is because it has no poles, not just few poles, but no poles. I really think that would be easy for set up and take down, and that is important. Looking for a gift for my folks, and the people they take trips with do not tend to wait long for lunch, so they need something easy to set up and take down, but will do the trick just the same. Further no one likes to run into the darn guy lines.

So, anyone have any ideas for me?

Also any idea what the weigh in at? I think I am looking for the five foot one, that should do the trick nicely enough for their needs. Not to mention it would be lighter overall.

I have not seen the mounting set up, but I am pretty sure I can fab up something so that it will mount to the stock roof rack on their jeeps.

Thanks a lot yall!

Brian

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Hello all, well, title pretty much says it all

I am looking for a hannibal awning, and I have no idea what the prices on these things are. Furthermore I do not know if there is a place where you can actually purchase them in the U.S.

The big reason I like the hannibal is because it has no poles, not just few poles, but no poles. I really think that would be easy for set up and take down, and that is important. Looking for a gift for my folks, and the people they take trips with do not tend to wait long for lunch, so they need something easy to set up and take down, but will do the trick just the same. Further no one likes to run into the darn guy lines.

So, anyone have any ideas for me?

Also any idea what they weigh in at? I think I am looking for the five foot one, that should do the trick nicely enough for their needs. Not to mention it would be lighter overall.

I have not seen the mounting set up, but I am pretty sure I can fab up something so that it will mount to the stock roof rack on their jeeps.

Thanks a lot yall!

Brian
Brian....since you seem to have experience w/ this type may I ask you, or your readers if you don't mind, What happens when a sudden gust comes out of no where? Can they with stand that?:coffeedrink:

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
From what I have read, and looking at the photos, I should think that this awning would be able to hold up better than any of the others I have seen.

Check out the photos of the thing on their web site. Very strong arms, and it is all strapped down with velcro. The awning itself mounts to the roof rack, and not just the rain gutter (like some do) and that will, obviously, also increase the strength of the awning.

Well, that all said, I have never owned one, so I really do not know for sure. Just from what I have seen the awnings with the guylines would not be as strong in wind as this one would be. Further, in the wind, this thing would (in my opinion) be easier to put away. Basically all you do is unhook the ends, and roll the thing up along the end bar. Then fold in the arms, strap it all down and away you go. None of this fold in a triangle here and there and then fold in half and then roll. Can you imagine trying to do that in the wind?

Look at me, I sound like I sell them or something! haha.

JackW

Explorer
I have a five foot Hannibal awning on my D-90 and I'm very pleased with it. Last week we were having a car show at work and a downpour came along - I was fine until it started raining sideways....

Instead of standing out in the storm to fold it up I got in the truck and drove over to a nearby hanger to get out of the rain before I stowed it so I can attest that it will stand up to around 20 mph.

Eric Riston at Atlantic British told me a couple of weeks ago that he still had two awnings left over from when they stocked them - I don't remember what sizes but I think he said he had a five footer. Call him and see if he still has one - he's discounting the price too to clear them out.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Thanks!

I have tried to look that company up but I can NOT FIND them! Any contact info PLEASE!!

Thanks

Brian

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Ok, so here is the deal...

They have the 5.5 footer, and they are asking $511. plus shipping (he said about 100 for shipping)

They also have the 8 footer, and they are looking to get $499. plus shipping for that one.

SO not sure what I am going to do now. I like it, but honestly for that price I could fab up one of my own, so, not sure if I really want to pay for it.

Guess I will let yall know if I end up buying the thing.

Thanks a lot for all the help, and yes Eric was great.

Cheers

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94