Must Have Equipment

Longrange

Professor
Hello, I've just joined the site and it looks like a great place to get ideas for my new camper shell. I just ordered an ARE DCU camper shell with tool boxes. I've done quite a bit of camping with the wife but its always been with the 5th wheel trailer. What I'm looking for is to start going lite and more remote. What would be must have equipment, rope, chain, hi-lift jack etc.

04 Dodge 4x4 Cummins Quad cab

datrupr

Expedition Leader
You want to hafve a complete range of recovery gear, first aid kit, and what ever supplies youthing you will need. And be prepared for changing wheather. Also, make sure you always bring plenty of water. Everything else is just comforts.

J*C*M

Traveller
You want to hafve a complete range of recovery gear, first aid kit, and what ever supplies youthing you will need. And be prepared for changing wheather. Also, make sure you always bring plenty of water. Everything else is just comforts.

I'm with you for the most part, but i've gotta add a shovel to that list, and if you're going seriously remote I'd replace some the weight of your water with fuel and a water purifier.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
There are several to many threads here on this topic, though searching through all of them may be a daunting task. Good luck! :sombrero:

Start with personal safety, like the 10 Essentials (only even though they added onto the list they missed the single, most crucial add-on item, TP!!!), then work towards "vehicle safety" like the items mentioned above and elsewhere around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94