Interco SS-M16 as an Expo Tyre?

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
Guys,

I haven't seen anybody put a post up on this so I thought Id put it up here for discussion....

The swamper m16 looks to be a good tyre for those who may want something more aggressive in tread pattern than the usual thats out there and the other good point is that they have a range of "expo-friendly" tyre sizes......
http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php
04g22sbrzqck_sm.jpg

63g4esgenldsj4_sm.jpg

tvgu2m0zlspdb0_sm.jpg

Interco-SS-M16-c.jpg

The come in "expo-friendly" sizes such as the following -

33/10.5x15 - Actual Size = 33.2x11.8x15

33/10.5x16 - Actual Size = 33.3x11.4x16

33/10.5x17 - Actual Size = 33.5x10.85x17

All the 3 sizes above have a tread depth of 21/32 and a tread width of 8.8 inches.

I like the sound of the 33/10.5x17 :drool:

Has anybody else had any experience with this tyre? Offroaders.com seems to rate them highly......

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Interco-SS-M16-Swamper.htm

toyota_jon

Adventurer
I can't speak for this particular tire, however, i do run the Trxus MT in a 255-85 variety on my 4Runner. These tires have been simply outstanding. they seam to grip and claw through just about anything while still retaining good street maners. looking at the m16 tire i would be a little concerned with the large tread blocks with only minimal siping.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Those LOOK like great tires. I would definatly sipe the hell out of them, but they look like they even have aspects fo the bogger in them. I can bet these are a great tire off-road and they look like they have some good voids to both shed mud and disipate water. I've litteraly never heard of them before though and I kind of wish I had. I am glad to see more and more tires poping up in a 33x10.50 and/or 255/85 too. The list is small but growing ;)

Cheers

Dave

alexrex20

Explorer
um, why would you need more than 2-ply sidewalls? the tire is 10-ply and weighs less than my 32in radial swampers...

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
Some tyres have thick 2 ply's instead of thin 3 plys....each to their own at the end of the day but you shouldnt discount the 2 ply.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles