• Start date

Sexy6Chick

Adventurer
23563_377966968508_757288508_3841902_1173025_n.jpg

Nothing too fancy.

^nice Blain! X is lookin good.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Yep. It bounced around back there the whole trip. I need to get the suspension down to something more reasonable. The current one is WAY too stiff.

Box Rocket

Lower the air pressure in your tires and it will help control the bouncing until you do something different with the suspension.

With my trailer empty I only run about 10psi in the tires. I even took it on a 8+ hour road trip loaded and only 12psi in the tires and they didn't heat up at all. It towed much better and essentially no bounce at all.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Concur. I've run, accidentally, as little as 5 psi in 33-12.50's on a trailer for far too many pavement miles before I caught it. Tires were barely warm and not even as warm as the tow rig's 50 psi tires.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Lower the air pressure in your tires and it will help control the bouncing until you do something different with the suspension.

With my trailer empty I only run about 10psi in the tires. I even took it on a 8+ hour road trip loaded and only 12psi in the tires and they didn't heat up at all. It towed much better and essentially no bounce at all.

Yes. I eventually iared down to 8psi and they rode much better.

... I learned quick after ruining all my beer the first day on the trail... came out of the cooler looking like it had been shot peened. :(

... still, there is no substitute for the right suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste