My old Rig:
IMG_1421.jpg

My new rig, which has since seen some more additions:
IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

lowenbrau

Explorer
big sky trapper said:
pelicans ! everwhere.....on the lakes and slower big rivers.

Was it always like that there? Up here it seems like they invaded in the last ten years or so but maybe I just hadn't noticed them before.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Here's a nice toy we saw on the Eastern Shore of Maryland a few weeks ago when my wife and I snuck away for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Photo was taken on Tilghman Isalnd.

Attachments

• 100_2346ca.jpg
    100_2346ca.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 84

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
Doing what trucks are meant to do...

Yep, haulin stuff, stone dust in this case, right down to the bumpstops! It's for our springtime DIY project, almost done, then we can have some fun!

Attachments

• stone dust.jpg
    stone dust.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 97

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
SOCALFJ said:
Damn, i haven't seen that rig in years.
He's currently in Baja chasing his close friend Javier in 7S.
jav2.jpg

I see him several times a month. The coolest thing is he lifted his cherry picker's mast & boom off it's base & made them to bolt on the rear using the socket receiver and the spare mount stud. Can put the lifting hook over 15' in the air!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
yeah i remember him posting up pics on pirate of his rig literally bowing on its knees and shaking hands.. it was rad.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
The BN Guy said:
What the heck is that "Chainlink"? That's bizarre!
That's pretty much everyones rxn to it at that first crawler comp.

5.0 Ford SEFI. C4 w/ partial Dana 20 t/c (no front drive). Chain driven, enclosed within the suspension arms. HMMV redux boxes at each tire. One upside down 9" diff (w/ARB) in the center. Rocker arm linked air spring suspension. Hyd rams for rocker arm pushrods. Hyd rams for pitch control. Steering is all mechanical (no hydro-steering) but defies verbal description. Figuring out the Ackerman was a trick.

Can set it's belly flat on the ground & lift two of the 4 off the ground. While keeping the other 3 on the ground, can raise one front tire to a little over 9' of air btwn the bottom of the tire and the ground. Owner/builder is an Operator. Currently working on what will be, in essence, an Expi rig, based on military vehicle parts (no Rockwells in the eqxn). Maybe after that makes his wife happy he'll be able to build the lightweight single seater version cooking in his head.

Another:
chainlink6.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles