Where to put Oil Press. Sending unit?

Suty

Adventurer
I am planning on getting a Lotek Guage Pillar for 2 guages. I already have a Trans Temp., So I was planning on putting in a Oil Pressure and a Volt Meter. I have 2 questions, First, Where would the Oil Pressure sending unit mount ? I think I saw a spot near the Filter? and Second, What two guages would you mount ? Muchas Gracias mi Amigos, Suty

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Good question suty I would love to yank out the whole guage cluster and start over. there is plenty of room in there for a full complement of mechanical guage. Obviously building a new back drop would be neccesary to mount the guages but with the 4 in 1 stewert warner guages you could retro speed/tach, oil/temp/batt/fuel, should still enough to place back the turn indicators and other factory idiot lights if ya wanted to.

Of course I have a '96 reg cab with just a big speedo,fuel,and temp guage.

Suty

Adventurer
Nullifier said:
Good question suty I would love to yank out the whole guage cluster and start over. there is plenty of room in there for a full complement of mechanical guage. Obviously building a new back drop would be neccesary to mount the guages but with the 4 in 1 stewert warner guages you could retro speed/tach, oil/temp/batt/fuel, should still enough to place back the turn indicators and other factory idiot lights if ya wanted to.

Of course I have a '96 reg cab with just a big speedo,fuel,and temp guage.

Nulli. Thanks for the reply.. I to wished Toyota had actually put guages in these trucks. I am going to add 2 more Volt and Oil Pressure or would a Amp guage be better than a Volt ? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Tu Compa, Suty

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
I like having voltage and transmission temp in the pillar. Oil pressure has not been a documented issue with the 3.4L, so I did not consider it as important.

However, transmission temp has been an issue.

The voltage gauge helps you monitor battery level while camping. I have the gauge wired with a DPDT switch, which allows me to monitor the main and auxiliary battery.

Just my .02 :)

Suty

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
I like having voltage and transmission temp in the pillar. Oil pressure has not been a documented issue with the 3.4L, so I did not consider it as important.

However, transmission temp has been an issue.

The voltage gauge helps you monitor battery level while camping. I have the gauge wired with a DPDT switch, which allows me to monitor the main and auxiliary battery.

Just my .02 :)

Scott, Thanks for your input. I have a Trans Temp I mounted in the dash so with the Volt I have space for one more guage ? Hmmm, any thoughts ? Bombero de Tejas, Suty

Scott Brady

Founder
Interesting. Maybe oil pressure would be a good one then.

I also like having the outside temp too. Cyberdyne makes that gauge.

Suty

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
Interesting. Maybe oil pressure would be a good one then.

I also like having the outside temp too. Cyberdyne makes that gauge.

Thanks Scott, So, Oil Pressure and Volt it is.. Any Idea where the sending unit goes on Taco V6 ? Carnales, Suty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles