Restaurants near Sacramento???

S

smithmiller6

I am going Sacramento for some days with my family. And I need information about Restaurants at Sacramento. Looking for restaurants Manus.

4x4mike

Adventurer
What part of Sac? What meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)?

We've got a lot of sushi places. They are scattered around with a lot downtown. There are also local favorites like Squeeze Inn. What kind of food are you interested in?

AndrewP

Explorer
If you like a corn meal type crust (pretty interesting but not my bag) I recommend Zelda's Pizza. A lot of history in that place. Think "soup nazi" when you go there: http://www.zeldasgourmetpizza.com/

Whoa! Where do you live?

Zelda's rocks and I thought no one else knew about it. Soup Nazi is a good description. A couple of the waitresses have been there at least 25 years and will take no crap off of anyone.

When I first moved to Sacramento in 1984, we rented a house from Zelda who owned the Pizza Place and a little empire of rental houses. I have been eating that pizza roughly once a week since. Every time I'd go in, Zelda would make it a point to come over and talk, ask about the kids etc. Sadly, she died a year or so ago. She was a great lady. The place is now being run by her son.

It's a funky spot, but a great one.

For the original poster-how much do you want to spend?
My all time favorite for fine dining is Bibas. $$$$ Love the food here.
Possibly new favorite is Mulvaney's. $$$$+ (my son's favorite-he unfortunately has expensive tastes)

For sushi and sushi rolls Mikuni is consistantly good, but there is usually a wait. It's a little loud for my taste, but the food has always been extremely good.

A recent discovery thanks to my son is Cafe Roll $$. It's a bit hard to find, crazy good, casual French Cafe food. The lunch there is outstanding. Not hugely expensive. I may have to go there tomorrow for lunch since I'm off.

Lemon Grass is also outstanding for Viet/French/Thai fusion. $$$+. Consistantly excellent. I don't even ask for the menu anymore and just ask for the best of the daily specials. This is my daughter's favorite

Another cool place is Etttore's on Fair Oaks.$$$ During the week they do a really nice dinner and you have a choice of 1 or 2 items. It sounds weird, but it works. Not crazy money, but call ahead and find out what they have that night. I like this place a lot, but my wife does not like the lack of choice.

For inexpensive and good Mexican with no atmosphere Taqueria Guadalajara is hard to beat. Get the wet burrito of some type. It's real mexican not anglo mexican. $+

For good brews in the evening, go down to the Rubicon Brewery. Nice place, but crowded. EXCELLENT IPA.

Have a nice visit here.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Whoa! Where do you live?

Zelda's rocks and I thought no one else knew about it. Soup Nazi is a good description. A couple of the waitresses have been there at least 25 years and will take no crap off of anyone.

When I first moved to Sacramento in 1984, we rented a house from Zelda who owned the Pizza Place and a little empire of rental houses. I have been eating that pizza roughly once a week since. Every time I'd go in, Zelda would make it a point to come over and talk, ask about the kids etc. Sadly, she died a year or so ago. She was a great lady. The place is now being run by her son.

LOL... I live in Ripon. My wife grew up in Sacto/Citrus Heights/Roseville area. In fact, she still owns a salon in Roseville (www.charmedsalonroseville.com). She goes to Roseville a few times per week. Sometimes she will bring home a partially baked Zelda's pizza. I throw it on a pizza screen and finish cooking it. I use a pizza screen b/c the way they say to do it... well, it doesn't bake to it's fullest potential.

Don't get me wrong, I like Zelda's. It's just not my favorite.:ylsmoke:

offroadchef

Adventurer
i could use the business. I own a little deli in the Rosemont area of Sacramento. It is on 9648 Kiefer Blvd. Just West of Bradshaw Road. We make all of our soups. We offer hot and cold sandwiches, salads and Burgers. On Wednesday and Thursday we have Tri-tip. Come by if you have the time.

Thanks,

Markus

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
So weird - guy posted the exact same message on a White Pride board. If this is spam, not sure what it's trying to accomplish.

DISCLAIMER: I don't agree with the folk, just found it on Googz.
http://www.skinheads.net/forums/showthread.php?p=603421

EDIT: I KNEW IT!!! Spammers are getting more creative!
http://www.google.com/search?q=smit...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks for the catch - this guy is a spammer. The user ID will be banned, but this thread will stay.

Pete

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
i could use the business. I own a little deli in the Rosemont area of Sacramento. It is on 9648 Kiefer Blvd. Just West of Bradshaw Road. We make all of our soups. We offer hot and cold sandwiches, salads and Burgers. On Wednesday and Thursday we have Tri-tip. Come by if you have the time.

Thanks,

Markus

Mmmmmmm... Tri Tip. I assume you are the owner of Alexandria's Cafe? What sort of hours do you keep?

4x4mike

Adventurer
Whoa! Where do you live?

We used to live down the street from Cary and some of his houses. In my neck of the woods everyone loves Zelda's. It's alright but I'd take Round Table over it. People call me crazy but I like consistency.

AndrewP

Explorer

Thanks,

Markus

Hmm. You may see me tomorrow. I'm not far from Watt and 50. I rarely go south of the river, but a new place to eat would be a good excuse. Tomorrow is Wednesday, right?:victory:

offroadchef

Adventurer
Mmmmmmm... Tri Tip. I assume you are the owner of Alexandria's Cafe? What sort of hours do you keep?

We are open Mon.-Fri 10:30 to 2:30. The rest of the time we try to cater. Like the review, happens when you work with Mom and wife. It only the three of us. She has been back to eat with some of her co-workers.

Last edited:

offroadchef

Adventurer
Hmm. You may see me tomorrow. I'm not far from Watt and 50. I rarely go south of the river, but a new place to eat would be a good excuse. Tomorrow is Wednesday, right?:victory:

We serve House made chili on Wednesday. If you do come look for a small red sign. We are the last building on the right if you are coming from Watt. Go slow or you will miss us.

Markus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles