Panoramic Shots

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I really dig some of the panoramic shots that have popped up in random threads. Off the top of my head, I know Mr. Slade has a few, and I'm willing to bet Mr. Photog does as well.

So, lets share our panoramic shots we've taken.

I'll start; this is 6 shots from today of the San Francisco Peaks:
29SEP09sm.jpg

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
This would be greater fun if viewed in 3D. From about 8 weeks ago, it's the foot-traffic only road between McIntyre & Spirit Gulches, opposite Red Mtn #1, 2 & 3, in the Colorado San Juans. Fall forward, and ya basically don't stop until you reach the green stuff at the bottom of the ravine.
m-sgulches.jpg

Michael Slade

Untitled
Here's one I shot on Sunday. It's the Parowan Gap just northwest of Cedar City. This is more or less a snapshot or a 'sketch' for a shot I want to make on the Summer Solstice next year.

Click Here. It's big.

Here's another one from a few weeks ago. The ATK rocket motor test, in case anyone missed it.

Click Here. It's big too.

Last edited:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Will taking the picture vertically, versus horizontally make the panoramic shot "taller" when put together?

Also, in looking at my shot, I think that if I switch everything to manual settings, I'll get a better(consistent) shot, is this the case?

Michael Slade

Untitled
Will taking the picture vertically, versus horizontally make the panoramic shot "taller" when put together?

Also, in looking at my shot, I think that if I switch everything to manual settings, I'll get a better(consistent) shot, is this the case?

Yes, and YES.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Guess I don't see the inconsistency?

Can someone point it out for me... looks pretty seemless.
It may be my colorblindness, but the sky has a marked difference in the color of blue at the saddle between the 3rd and 4th peaks. I could be brain effing it.

Photog

Explorer
It has been a while since I built a Stitched-Pano. I will have to pull one out when I get home.

Here is one that was not stitched.
IV8E1457pano.jpg

Here is another non-stitched pano.
IMG_0230-pano.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles