someone may appreciate this.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Neat 40 Series.

Thats what I meant. The image shows the truck with the exit on the right hand side. And in my opinion the wrong side.

I don't know of all the Landcruisers. I always thought that it was due to the left or right side driving business. Always keeping the fumes to the middle line, and not towards the pedestrians... But I might be wrong...
The trend that I've noticed lately is for it to be on the side opposite of the fuel filler. Not sure how far back that goes.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Most of them were made in Perth Western Australia by a company called Arkana(now out of business).
They made about 400 of them for the mining industry,some of them were sold to private individuals.
They fabbed up the rear themselves
They did make a wagon with a side door for one or both sides but most had only front doors. A pic below of an older 3dr wagon
This is pic of a dual cab the family kept for themselves.

Hey man have you ever seen the old G60 Nissan Patrols done into a 4 door? I have been told about them in Western Australia, same thing as you mention....done up for mining companies. One guy reported seeing them back in the early 1980s but I have never seen one or anything else on them other than a couple of Aussie guys saying they do exist.

I have seen FJ45 Troopies that are a two door with a 3rd door. I saw one in Bogota, Colombia. I also saw two old Nissan Patrols like this. I was told by the Colombians these were special bodies ordered from Toyota/Nissan used by churches. Meaning a nun version of the LWB trucks. The FJ45 I saw was still being used by a chruch and was in perfect condition! I have pictures of the Nissan Patrol nun truck but not the TLCs. The Patrol does not look to be factory but it is hard to say. It is well done so not a hack job. I also saw one mid-1980s Nissan Patrol that was half a high roof. This I was also told was a special order body for churches.

I know the Patrol was offered with special bodies from Nissan, they are shown in old brochures. Never seen a special body I was 100% sure though was a factory deal. So did Toyota offer special order bodies on the TLCs?

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
here is a couple pictures of the "nun" version Patrol I was talking about....

Imagen_129.sized.jpg

Imagen_088.sized.jpg

more pictures at....

http://www.rmp-o.com/gallery/album18

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Hey man have you ever seen the old G60 Nissan Patrols done into a 4 door? I have been told about them in Western Australia, same thing as you mention....done up for mining companies. One guy reported seeing them back in the early 1980s but I have never seen one or anything else on them other than a couple of Aussie guys saying they do exist.

?

Yes,I have seen a few G60 made into dual cabs. There used to be one near where I live but I haven't seen it for a few years.
They haven't sold G60s here since 1983 ,so most if them are off the road now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94