someone may appreciate this.

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
I went to my churchs car show today and look what showed up.

3977429913_2102023022_o.jpg

3978191486_e1419d5934_o.jpg

Isn't this an FJ-45?

Brian894x4

Explorer
I can't tell which side the steering wheel is on, but I'd guess a custom job out of either South Africa or Australia. They did a lot of one off jobs where they mated a second cab to make 4 door model.

2nd choice would be an imported Bandeirante out of Brazil. They had 4 door versions, but the head lights would likely be square not round. Also the 4 door Bandeirante had longer wheel bases, I think.

Neat rig, for sure!

Brian894x4

Explorer
Looks like a right hand drive, so I'd guess a custom job out of either South Africa or Australia. They did a lot of one off jobs where they mated a second cab to make 4 door model.

I don't know how long (or if) they produced 4 door FJ45 wagons for those countries. It does kind of look like a chopped 45 wagon, but I'd lean towards a 2nd cab mated to an FJ45 chassis cab.

Neat rig, for sure!

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Looks like a right hand drive, so I'd guess a custom job out of either South Africa or Australia. They did a lot of one off jobs where they mated a second cab to make 4 door model.

I don't know how long (or if) they produced 4 door FJ45 wagons for those countries. It does kind of look like a chopped 45 wagon, but I'd lean towards a 2nd cab mated to an FJ45 chassis cab.

Neat rig, for sure!

Most of them were made in Perth Western Australia by a company called Arkana(now out of business).
They made about 400 of them for the mining industry,some of them were sold to private individuals.
They fabbed up the rear themselves
They did make a wagon with a side door for one or both sides but most had only front doors. A pic below of an older 3dr wagon
This is pic of a dual cab the family kept for themselves.

Attachments

• landcruiser pics 088 (Small).jpg
    landcruiser pics 088 (Small).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 1HZ PICS 002 (Small).jpg
    1HZ PICS 002 (Small).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 000_0143 (Small).JPG
    000_0143 (Small).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

wesel123

Explorer
Isn't the 4 door with truck bed a 47 series??? TLC had one that was left hand drive and a 5 spd. 3.4L 6 at one time. Of coarse not for sale.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
We had a bunch of these in the coal mines Queensland Australia

They were great until the Hilux crew cabs came out. When the mines department approved the ROPS for hiluxes (and insisted on hoops on the driveshafts) the need to have custom fabbed cruisers disappeared. Full of people and tools with the AC on we could do nearly 100 kph (downhill on a good day). Braking was always a bit unpredictable as well as a lot of our pits were fairly wet and the drums didn't handle that very well.

I actually had one of these bogged to the top of the door sills. Went into a pit full of slush where scrapers had pulled out topsoil about 4 feet deep. We had to crawl out the windows and eventually hooked up a CAT D9 dozer to pull it out.

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Strange, our Dutch BJ45 has the exhaust on the left side, and it is an original exhaust.

The engine dictates which side it starts but all landcruisers seem to exit on the left hand side.
When it starts on the rightside it changes to the left near the t/case

landcruising

Adventurer
The engine dictates which side it starts but all landcruisers seem to exit on the left hand side.
When it starts on the rightside it changes to the left near the t/case

Thats what I meant. The image shows the truck with the exit on the right hand side. And in my opinion the wrong side.

I don't know of all the Landcruisers. I always thought that it was due to the left or right side driving business. Always keeping the fumes to the middle line, and not towards the pedestrians... But I might be wrong...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne