Gas Can Mount on tailgate, not the bumper

Mister D

I am looking for options on mounting gas cans on the exterior without a new bumper. VikingVince has something that swings out to open the tailgate? Details,info please.

Mister D

Sorry, 2004 Ford F-250 Lariat crew cab short box with a ARE Mpulse cap. I want to have a sleeping platform in the bed, so diesel in the box doesn't sound appealing. I have thought about a rook rack, but with a 6" lift with 35" tires I'm already way up there. I have back up sensors in the rear bumper that I want to retain.

Like I said on my first post, I was looking at BajaTaco's site, looking for ideas, and saw Vince's Taco with the flipac. It looks like he has gas cans mounted independent of the bumper. (Yes, I did send this to Viking Vince also) I thought it see what options you guys can give me. I did a search and couldn't find any info.

dbreid

Adventurer
Rotopax

Take a look at RotoPax stuff. I have used several of their products with great success.

Mister D

dbreid: Thanks for the tip on the RotoPax. I especially like the modular design and the storage option. I already have a half-dozen blitz cans, but I may "need":wings: to buy some of these.

78Bronco: I have thought of getting a Titan brand super big fuel tank, but like I wrote earlier I already have the blitz cans. And I'm cheap!!!

Last year I bought a Cub Cadet diesel 4x4 side-by-side. I was thinking that having jerry cans mounted to the truck would be handy with just the truck, and when I have the 4x4 UTV along.

78Bronco

Explorer
Why can't you just use another factory tank from a used parts recycler or maybe steal you neighbours tank when you know it's full? All you need is a tank, brackets, pump and some plumbing.

Mounting a bracket to sheet metal doesn't sound appealing to me.

Albin

Adventurer
Bat, looks like nice construction.

Question: how do you secure the jerry cans to the mount?

Thanks,

Al

bat

Explorer
I use some wide straps to hold the cans down and there is a pin I use to lock the cans from swinging when it is open. Not the best pics but the only ones I can find cost was about $100

Blair Valley 3-28-10 019.JPG

trip 00000 (Small) (2).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles