$39500 difference

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
Other than the attacks, I think this is a great philosophical discussion...I've wavered back and forth between old/new...

At one point, I had a '91 Cherokee for fun, '69 F250 for hauling trash, '94 325i for daily driver, '89 Suburban for expeditions, and '93 Ranger for the gf...all fully paid for, and generally one or the other 'under repair' but each was great for its intended purpose (of course, I barely had any room to park in my neighborhood :) )

Fast forward..now I have '06 H3 for me, '07 Wranger for the wife..almost $1000/month in payments, but both under warranty, just enough room for 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs, both can tow my M416 so enough room to go camping comfortably, and I don't have to worry about whether I have the time to fix anything or if my wife and kids are going to end up stranded...anything happens and a quick phone call to the dealer fixes everything...

Now, looking to rid of the H3, kids are getting older and taller, want a full size for road trips...do I go back to older Suburban, with it's cloth seats, semi-decent A/C, not as many cup holders, maintenance, but no payment? Or a newer Suburban/Expedition/Yukon XL with reliability, comfy heated leather seats (for the wifey), DVD player, cold A/C, maybe an extended or GMPP warranty but a ridiculous payment?

Which is better? idk, but I search craigslist for everything from a Cherokee Chief to a Travelall to a 1991 Suburban to a 2007 Yukon Denali XL with low miles, at some point I'll figure out what I want and just go do it (btw, the wife wants a new Navigator, everyone's tastes/priorities/abilities are different lol)

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I like this thread!

And I would rather have the "Black Scout"....!....:sombrero::victory::costumed-smiley-007:ylsmoke:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I was very close to buying a c6 z06. It's in my dream garage. Hopefully in my real garage some day soon. How any car enthusiast can manage to not be in lust with this car is beyond me. c6 Corvette Z06 test by Tiff Needell
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMDtROZo1kE

Edit:
I see we're including the "Current Fleet"; here goes:
'04 Murano, 40k mi. (wife's)
'06 F-150 4x4 Crew Cab 6' bed
'03 4x4 Astro van w/ pop top (see sig below)
'05 Gas Gas 450 plated
'08 Kona Unit 29er
'07 Kona Stinky Deluxe 8"
'05 Kona Dawg Primo 5"
'06 Felt 65 road bike
'05 Trek 5200 all carbon road bike (wife's)
'04 Kona King Kikapu 3 1/2" (wife's)
'01 Kona Fire Mountain (wife's commuter)
NDK Romany (wife's)
NDK Explorer
Seda Glider
Necky Phantom
Black Marlin surf ski
Barcelona Jelly Donut Cut slalom boat
Wave Sport Score playboat
Necky Blunt creek boat
Pyranha Inazone
Necky Rip (wife's)
Pyranha Masters polo boat
VCP ALeut Sea II tandem sea kayak
Bauer 5000

(Thought about putting it all in my sig like the guys that put their mountain bikes in, but this will suffice)

Last edited:

pint

Adventurer
I hate car payments! I fell into the same trap many do after many years of nice used or paid off cars. After a number of promotions and raises, I decided to keep up with the Jonses...bigger and bigger houses and 2 car payments of nearly $600 each! That ended a few months back. Now it's cash only for my vehicles. If that means a $3K truck or a $40K truck, it means no payment! I am trying to sell my house to downsize as well. More time and money for fun, and a lot less stress! To each his own. :sombrero:

Maryland Pinz

Observer
Heck w/ keeping up w/ the Jones'

I hate car payments! I fell into the same trap many do after many years of nice used or paid off cars. After a number of promotions and raises, I decided to keep up with the Jonses...bigger and bigger houses and 2 car payments of nearly $600 each! That ended a few months back. Now it's cash only for my vehicles. If that means a $3K truck or a $40K truck, it means no payment! I am trying to sell my house to downsize as well. More time and money for fun, and a lot less stress! To each his own. :sombrero:

I hear you! I am hoping to hear back today on my offer to purchase a house for $230,000. If this works out, then I'm moving my family out of my current house into the new (to me) house and then selling my current $825,000 house! Granted--I'm doing this b/c I WANT to, not b/c I have to. I've finally come to the conclusion that keeping up w/ the Jones' is a waste of time! My mortgage is going to go from $6,600 per month to $1,500 per month!!! Time to start saving instead of living large, and I couldn't be happier! :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles