$39500 difference

roostercruiser

Adventurer
my black scout cost $375 not even half the suv car payment for a month that im parked next to at work

0531091839_0001.jpg

GTABurnout

Explorer
Not sure the point of this tread...

I can post a pic of my girls Del Sol parked next to my C6 Z06. Both will get me to work but they clearly are not equal...

Different trucks for different usage.

jp0863

Observer
Can't i just have them both? my wifes 2008 suburban only cost's $462 a month and it's a z71 lt3 with everything you could want. Sure is comfy to drive and being 6'4" tall, i have yet to find anything to complain about it... except that it's not a Scout.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
All of my vehicles combined cost under $15,000 and I would take any of them over a C6 Z06 or the GMC.

In my opinion the $39500 difference is a whole lot of worry.

GTABurnout

Explorer
:Wow1:
All of my vehicles combined cost under $15,000 and I would take any of them over a C6 Z06 or the GMC.

In my opinion the $39500 difference is a whole lot of worry.

Thats your choice. I own out right over $25K worth of cars big deal. I could choose to drive a $1500 Honda to work but I choose a $13000 Tundra. I could have built a budget Fox body Mustang but I bought a 07 Z06. Say what you want but there is a reason things cost more money. My Tundra is smoother larger and cleaner then a $1500 Honda.

And trying to compare a Fox body mustang with a C6 Z06 is laughable at best. Sorry man just hate seeing people say "I spent less then you so mine is better"

Heres a deal I wont make fun of you own a truck thats older then me and you try not to get upset that people can spend $45K on a car with out blinking an eye.

Deal?

I will leave you with a nice little quote I came up with for people who play this car....

"Why one one nice car when you can own 5 plies of Junk"

Thats your choice. ............I will leave you with a nice little quote I came up with for people who play this car....

I'm sure you meant this....

"Why own one nice car when you can own 5 piles of junk" - GTA Burnout

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
What vehicle would serve a family of 5-6 better in both the Mountains in Winter and the Deserts in Summer and 10,000s of miles of road trips?

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
DELETED - I need to follow my own advice, I guess. Here's a toned-down version:

Step 1 - Inhale.
Step 2 - Exhale.
Step 3 - Repeat.

GTA - I apologize for insulting your ability to purchase expensive cars. I would never dream of doing so if I had realized that you cared this much. I am not at all insecure about my financial situation, and I love that my truck is older than me. I consider it a mark of pride that I can make an old vehicle better than anything available in dealers, but to each their own. I am very glad that you were able to purchase a shiny new(er) truck that does everything you want. Enjoy it!

Thats your choice. I own out right over $25K worth of cars big deal. I could choose to drive a $1500 Honda to work but I choose a $13000 Tundra. I could have built a budget Fox body Mustang but I bought a 07 Z06. Say what you want but there is a reason things cost more money. My Tundra is smoother larger and cleaner then a $1500 Honda.

And trying to compare a Fox body mustang with a C6 Z06 is laughable at best. Sorry man just hate seeing people say "I spent less then you so mine is better"

Heres a deal I wont make fun of you own a truck thats older then me and you try not to get upset that people can spend $45K on a car with out blinking an eye.

Deal?

I will leave you with a nice little quote I came up with for people who play this car....

Last edited:

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
this thread needs to be deleted. Not the type of discussion our forum is about. pointless in every sense of the word..

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I'm watching (as per deletion), but I think it has bearing on old vs. new vehicular travel. I see great benefit for each old & new. Each have their place and it goes without saying that $ saved could be used for $ to travel and get out.

How does a newer vehicle inhibit/express your abilities to be overlanding? ...is the appropriate question, agreed not "...that was a stupid purchase."

For me, I love driving an older vehicle, but have situations in my life where newer vehicles and modern life demand modern features (like AC with wee ones in 115F heat)

fowldarr

Explorer
I have owned some of each. My current stable is as follows
1984 FJ 60
1994 Yukon (2door)
2005 Nissan Quest

I love my cruiser. it cost me $1250. I would drive it every day, but it's not practical (mainly because I should have used the money I used to buy the yukon to fix up the cruiser). The yukon drives me back and forth to work every day. It cost $4000. It is our primary, get out and explore vehicle (until the cruiser is done). The quest is our "on road" expedition vehicle (I know defies logic, but some of the funnest trips I've had have been on pavement, don't hang me). It cost significantly more, it was only 1 year old when we bought it.

So, parked next to each other, if I could only have one what would I pick?
I would take the cruiser
unless,
I had to take my wife and kids....

Again, it comes down to what is the best vehicle for your use? If a 1978 Scout (wish I still had mine) does the job for you, then great. If your needs demand a brand new, off the show room floor truck, and you can afford it. Go for it. I would love a new truck, but personally would rather take the money and pour it into the land cruiser. (Can you imagine, $35,000 put into an FJ 60.... :)

roostercruiser

Adventurer
i was talking really about the depreciation value of vehicles. both trucks are top of the line for there years and now the value is 1/2 the payment of a new top of the line GMC. thats what i ment. trust me i woud love to have a new GMC they are very comfortable rides. its just sad to see old trucks drop in value and they were once they used to be sitting on the showroom floor. thats what i ment. sorry for the vagness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles