Harbor Freight Gas Impact Wrench on Sale

Bogo

Adventurer
Yes. I own one. But the multiplier doesn't have the impact feature.

That's what the 2 pound ball peen hammer and liquid wrench are for.:D Soak it down with liquid wrench then hit a few times in a few different directions with the hammer. I usually use a piece of soft iron bar stock between what I'm hitting and the hammer. Also I use 50% ATF and 50% acetone rather than liquid wrench. Works better and is much cheaper. On the other hand I would never use that combo inside.

kerry

Expedition Leader
The beast arrived today. I haven't fired it up yet, but my testosterone level increased 50% just by picking it up.

kerry

Expedition Leader
It fired up today just fine. Looks like it really was a bargain. It must have been a clearance sale because HF no longer has it listed on their website at all.

proto

Adventurer
I was kinda interested in this just for its capabilities as a power plant. How does it run? (Smooth and powerful, or raggedy and noisy? Easy to start? Loud?)

It would be neat to have a sort of modular engine that one could 'plug' into various attachments like generators, pumps, compressors, winches, whatever.

I realize it's not intended for long-running continuous-duty uses. What's your feel, would this be adequate for short-run applications?

kerry

Expedition Leader
I was kinda interested in this just for its capabilities as a power plant. How does it run? (Smooth and powerful, or raggedy and noisy? Easy to start? Loud?)

It would be neat to have a sort of modular engine that one could 'plug' into various attachments like generators, pumps, compressors, winches, whatever.

I realize it's not intended for long-running continuous-duty uses. What's your feel, would this be adequate for short-run applications?

Very smooth. Starts on first pull. Not very loud. Yes, it would be adequate for short run applications. I did wonder myself about it's usefulness for other applications. It occurred to me that it might be used to drive a winch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne