Starting over, very specific. Truck bed storage

Casper

Adventurer
Ok guys and gals I have a request.

I have spent the last few weeks looking for builds/info/and photos for truck bed storage systems. I have found a TON of info and threads on SUV storage systems. Although there are similarities, they are not the same. So, I would love to see photos, builds and info on your TRUCK BED setup. Ideas you wish you had done, and things you would not do again.

Once I have gotten enough info, I will post up my build to help folks as well. So, post up everyone. Lets see how you organized the bed of your pickup.

Thanks.
Josh

P.S. If you have posted your setup somewhere else, feel free to just add a link. Like I said, I have searched, but your thread may not have come up. I may miss the perfect addition to my build. Thanks again.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Hey Josh, do you already have a topper or are you just going to be building a storage system in the bed of your truck without a topper?

Are you going to be using something to cover the bed at all?

Reason I'm asking is I've had a few different trucks all with caps/toppers covering the bed and each storage system differed depending on which cap we had on.

We now use a A.R.E. style cap that has side doors that open up allowing us to get to things that are further up in the bed closer to the cab. Man does this help in the way we store things and accesability. Our cap also has full size doors on the back which allows you to get closer to the bed to get things out.

For someone shorter in size like me, this really helps because with a tailgate, it was hard for me to reach into the truck. But without a tailgate, we now need to carry a table to work off of since we dont have the table/tailgate to cook, work or sit on

Here are a few shots of just the cap

Drivers%20Side%20Tool%20Box%20Opened%20(Small).JPG

A Tool Box/Dry Storage on the drivers side

Passenger%20Side%20Pass%20Through%20Window%20(Small).JPG

A window that swings open on the passenger side so I can reach into the bed of the truck to get things closer to the cab

Double%20Rear%20Doors%20Open%20(Small).JPG

And double doors on the rear so I can reach into the bed of the truck without having to crawl up on a tailgate. Pluses and Minuses depending on your height

Casper

Adventurer
Thanks for the info Pat. I guess I should discribe what I am thinking of.
As much as I would love to get the A.R.E. topper you have, I already have a basic Leer topper. Can't justify buying a new one right now. After some research I have found out that I can add "windoors" like yours. So those are on order. $150.00 installed per side. I can't get a shelf setup like you have on the driver side though, so I might make one. Not sure on that yet.

What I am looking for is a place to keep my tools and some spare supplies, while still leaving room in the back for a 152 lbs puppy. I will also be adding a second (possibly third) battery back there as well for running some elecrital tools.

The truck is a 2000 Toyota Tundra access cab, short bed.

Casper
:smiley_drive:

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Hey Casper, we used to have a Leer top, but our windows kept leaking and when I called Leer to see about getting them replaced, they told me it was going to be over $1000:Wow1: So I sold the top cheap and got the ARE

The windows make a big difference in accesability and once you have them installed, I really think you'll find a few different ways to outfit the bed of your rig.

Check out Overland Hadley's build thread on his Toyota, he stayed with us in Yellowstone and I liked the simplicity of the way he had his bed built out

Casper

Adventurer
Hey Casper, we used to have a Leer top, but our windows kept leaking and when I called Leer to see about getting them replaced, they told me it was going to be over $1000:Wow1: So I sold the top cheap and got the ARE

The windows make a big difference in accesability and once you have them installed, I really think you'll find a few different ways to outfit the bed of your rig.

Check out Overland Hadley's build thread on his Toyota, he stayed with us in Yellowstone and I liked the simplicity of the way he had his bed built out

WOW, that's alot for windows. I am glad I got such a good price.

Thanks for the suggestion of Overland Hadley's build. I missed that one in my searches. Nice and simple, I like that.

Casper
:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94