haven

Expedition Leader
mbz-310-van.jpg

This is a Mercedes Benz 310 short wheelbase van,
equipped with a drivetrain scavenged from a Mercedes
Gelandewagen. Versions of this van design was produced
from the mid 1980s until the present. It's called the
Vario today.

Factory 4x4 was available for the Vario some years ago.
I don't know if 4x4 is still an option.

Chip Haven

kerry

Expedition Leader
mbz-310-van.jpg

This is a Mercedes Benz 310 short wheelbase van,
equipped with a drivetrain scavenged from a Mercedes
Gelandewagen. Versions of this van design was produced
from the mid 1980s until the present. It's called the
Vario today.

Factory 4x4 was available for the Vario some years ago.

Chip Haven

I'm under the impression that the Vario vans were all larger chassis, beginning with 5xx up to 8xx. I've never seen a 3xx factory 4x4 before. This is an interesting conversion and it must be pretty well done to pass the German TUV inspection.

[Factory 4x4 was available for the Vario some years ago.

Chip Haven

Yes factory 4X4 is still an option for the Vario. Like the last poster I've never heard of a 310 Vario, with only a ~3-3.5 tonne GVW and ~100hp. Makes you think it's a Vario body on a SRW Sprinter chassis with the G-wagen axles??
A check on the Mercedes International site shows this must be a Sprinter drivetrain, Varios only go down to 613 (6 tonne GVW, ~130hp).

Charlie

Last edited:

pattersonimages

Adventurer
cheerleader

I contacted the seller through ebay. I asked if he would consider selling/shipping to Canada. even as far as if he would allow a few extra days for me to get a flight over to get it organized ( flight attendant wife ... perk!!)

He replied in broken english I believe saying - sorry will only sell in europe.

so the only real option would be to have someone in Europe do the pick up for me and arrange shipping...
Jeff

78Bronco

Explorer
I contacted the seller through ebay. I asked if he would consider selling/shipping to Canada. even as far as if he would allow a few extra days for me to get a flight over to get it organized ( flight attendant wife ... perk!!)

He replied in broken english I believe saying - sorry will only sell in europe.

so the only real option would be to have someone in Europe do the pick up for me and arrange shipping...
Jeff

That's a cool van!:drool:

39Ronin

Adventurer
Hey Jeff, there is another Vancouver guy on Pointed Three gunning for it. Are you serious about importing this one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste