Any good online sources for 10LB LP tank?

overlander

Expedition Leader
I've googled for 2 hours and haven't come up with anything reasonable. A Manchester 10LB propane tank can be bought in places like Tractor Supply and Ace Hardware for around $60. Found a couple RV and rafting stores that are selling them for over $100 which is rediculous.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in Iraq, so I need mail order. I'm working with our fabrication shop to put together a tank holder for the back of my 110, but I would really like to have one on hand to get it matched up right.

If anyone knows of any good sources that will ship, I would appreciate it.

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
If you go to Manchester's website you can find the dimensions of all their tanks. I believe the 10# has the same diameter as a standard 20# tank and is about 6 inches shorter in height.

JP

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
If your looking for a light weight version, try this one. SpressoMon and I have them and they are super cool. I think I read that they give an ExPo discount as well.

http://www.lpgastanks.com/

The Worthington aluminum tanks are pretty cool as well. Redline has one and it's pretty impressive.

http://www.worthingtoncylinders.com/Home.aspx

I know these are expensive, but they really are top choices and would go well with your 110.

If you find one you like/want and they won't ship. I'll spring for the shipping to you as a thank you for your service.

p.m. me for more details.

Last edited:

overlander

Expedition Leader
If you go to Manchester's website you can find the dimensions of all their tanks. I believe the 10# has the same diameter as a standard 20# tank and is about 6 inches shorter in height.

JP

actually, that's the 11lb (short and fat). The 10lb is taller and slim which is what I need on my application, so it doesn't obstruct my back door. I'm fabbing up the South African style propane carrier (as seen in attachments), but for a US spec tank.

24hoursofnevada, Thank you. Very generous. Looks like I'm good though. Martyn at AT has the exact tank I wanted in stock, they just didn't have it listed on their site. I should be GTG!

Attachments

• single gas bottle.JPG
    single gas bottle.JPG
    3.5 KB · Views: 303
  • small FR 110 gas bottle.jpg
    small FR 110 gas bottle.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 300

overlander

Expedition Leader

That's an eye opener! I didn't know they were entering North America. I wonder if they will try to enter the propane market with their same tanks adapted with US spec valves. Time will tell.

Thanks for sharing.

As for the composite see through tanks, they seem to be all the rage, but I don't trust them. Exposure to UV and overland style vibration is going to lead to stress cracks and pressure failure in my opinion. Those are fine for a soft shocked RV traveling down the highway, but not an Expo rig. Going to take some long term field reports to convince me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior