ok to come to a Rover rally in a Toyota?

zolo

Explorer
If im not mistaken there is a Rover Rally coming up in the Southeast?
So whats the deal is it cool to show up to a Rover gathering in a Toyota? I mean what are the rules?
Question one, Does my Toyota have to be White? or does that help?
Question two, If I go do I have to show up with a friend who is going and have an actual British made truck?
Im just asking? I want to know cause I like both types of trucks, and have respect for any company and truck that has crossed the Darian Gap, its just that I own a Toyota.....but want to go to a Rover Rally? go figure

gjackson

FRGS
I can't speak for the Southeast, but at the National Rally we regularly have to 'put up' with people bringing non-Land Rovers along. As I recall Scott Brady once showed up in a Tacoma!

:sombrero:

Word of caution though: just because you don't show up with a Rover is no guarantee that you won't leave with one.

cheers

zolo

Explorer
Haha

Thats funny and probably true, I did sit in Scotts Disco and I was close to driving it away when he wasnt looking.
I guess I will be that Guy, showing up in a Bloody Jap. rig.
now that I think of it Ive sat in your 110, in Prescott. Same sorta thing woulda drove off if you werent looking

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Word of caution though: just because you don't show up with a Rover is no guarantee that you won't leave with one.

If I didn't have to drive my Trooper home I probably would have left the Moab rally in a Rover.

Showing up to a Rover rally in a Toyota is bad form. Showing up in a Suzuki rock crawler seems to be completely acceptable. Just say that you left the D90 at home so it didn't get scratched up. :peepwall:

In all seriousness, you might ask the organizers. I felt a little persona non grata in Moab and I didn't run any trails.

zolo

Explorer
copy that

copy check with event organizers.
I will do just that.
Ive been back home in the Southeast for 4 weeks now...(some call that a month) and I want to get out a bit, I have a friend going I believe, and I wanted to crash the party I guess.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Definitely check with the event organizers. For example, the south central area rover rally doesn't allow non-LR vehicles anymore.

michaels

Explorer
daniel you'll be fine. we have jeeps and a few other rigs here and there. you'll just be on your own as far as what truck you have. just come join us. they won't care if you pay the money to register i'm sure!

nwoods

Expedition Leader
at the National Rally we regularly have to 'put up' with people bringing non-Land Rovers along. As I recall Scott Brady once showed up in a Tacoma!

100197902_Yu4yw-XL-4.jpg

TeriAnn

Explorer
As people have pointed out, ALWAYS check with the organizers before making any plans. It all depends upon the kind of event focus the organizers want to have.

If you do get invited to come along it is uncool to say your rig is better than the groups rigs. I guess it comes down to being respectful to other people's egos & pride in marque when you are a guest with a different marque. Just try to be one of the Rover folks. Be a good guest and you will likely be invited back next trip.

zolo

Explorer
always respect

Yeah that is for sure. I would have nothing but repect for the Rover folks. Like I said I like both trucks. I just happen to drive a Toyota.

Scott Brady

Founder
I can't speak for the Southeast, but at the National Rally we regularly have to 'put up' with people bringing non-Land Rovers along. As I recall Scott Brady once showed up in a Tacoma!

:sombrero:

cheers

HA! Yes, I had my Tacoma at the LRNR a few years ago. I taped one of the center caps that had fallen off of my DII to the hood. It was pretty funny, and I think Nathan H. took some pictures of it.

Just have a good attitude and it works out great. Most LR guys understand the benefits of owning a Toyota, but you may have to deal with some "nice camry" comments ;)

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
It's probably better (smarter) than showing up to the Sturgis Rally in the early 90s on a Ducati 916.

Yes, a Ducati fits in a motel room door. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94