ok to come to a Rover rally in a Toyota?

zolo

Explorer
Thats cool Ive got thick skin about my Toyota. And Im ok with the comments, they are my just do.
There are advantages to both, such as when I sat in your Disco back in Prescott I realized that you can see everything from the driver's seat unlike my Toyota, sometimes not the easiest thing to see out of.

Looking forward to the comments I might even bring a prize to give out to the person that has the wittiest comment.

Scott Brady

Founder
You will enjoy the rally. Rover owners tend to be the most interesting/eclectic and well-traveled group I travel with, other than G-Wagen owners I suppose.

James86004

Expedition Leader
Owning a Land Rover, at least in North America, is more of a state of mind, and I usually have a good time with fellow Rover owners. many Toyota owners have a similar outlook, and thus we enjoy their company, too.

Personally, the only reason I would turn a non-LRO away form a Land Rover gathering is if we are having to turn away LROs because we are full. Even then, I would have to think about it.

Scott Brady

Founder
Ha, I missed that. Looks like Nathan W. nabbed an image too

100197902_Yu4yw-XL-4.jpg

S

stu454

If it is SAE, I'll be there and I'm a member.

As michaels noted earlier, come on out and join us for some good fun.

We've got an FZ80 guy that comes to most of the meetings :) , so you'll be welcome.

michaels

Explorer
If it is SAE, I'll be there and I'm a member.

As michaels noted earlier, come on out and join us for some good fun.

We've got an FZ80 guy that comes to most of the meetings :) , so you'll be welcome.

daniel (zolo) is fun to wheel with too and has some kickass stories.

zolo

Explorer
daniel (zolo) is fun to wheel with too and has some kickass stories.

Well thanks Buddy!
Same to Ya.
I just missed some good trips back in the Southeast so Im trying to get to as many gatherings as i can.
Didnt get to explore as much of AZ as I would have liked.
My TOYOTA just sat all summer at Fire Center.

Snagger

Explorer
There are always a few Japanese vehicles at LR events in the UK - a handful of Zuks regularly participate in my LR club's RTV trials, too. Its shouldn't be a problem, especially if you can take and make a few mocking remarks. If in doubt, a sign in the window saying that you are saving up for a Land Rover and oil-proof driveway would disarm any zealots.:)

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
As people have pointed out, ALWAYS check with the organizers before making any plans. It all depends upon the kind of event focus the organizers want to have.
Exactly.
In the past when I've gone to SAE there were always other makes on the trails. Just the opposite at MAR (on the trails). I've had a good time at both types of events and appreciate that both types exist.

Sangster

Adventurer
one sure fire way to be accepted is to get yourself stuck and "need" a LR to pull you out. They will love you for that! ;)

michaels

Explorer
daniel will show you how to get stuck!

EDIT: and just so everyone knows, yes that is a part of the trail. apparently, it gets higher sometimes. ;).

self-recovered:

all dirt shot around was packed back onto the bank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles