RTT Cover Repair

Zam15

Explorer
Does anyone have experience or recommendation on repairing a puncture hole on a RTT cover?

I was recently in Moab and had a low hanging branch puncture my cover. Its a small hole/tear I would say about 2x2 inches. Its directly on top next to where the ladder is. I want to seal the hole to prevent any water form getting in. Duct tape just does not work as well as it should :rolleyes:

Tent made by Mombasa.

Thanks,

Derek

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
a patch of similar material larger than the hole by about 2"
Clean with alcohol wipe- "first aid kits usually have them"
"seam seal" glue
weight the repair down, use cling film or wipe off excess squessed out

Most camping shops have tent repair kits if the material is light

if heavier you just have to rumage in the garage for something to chop up
old backpack for instance

Signcutter21

Adventurer
I just saw a wallet at Craker Barrel made out of ducktape:wings:

http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/i...=12288&zmam=74331212&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=12288

TexGX

My "sis in law" made one for my son and I. In camouflage none the less. I'd post a picture, but I cant seem to find it anywhere. :sombrero:

Back on topic, I took my RTT to a seamstress and he stitched a similar type of material underneath it, along w/ a small piece of automotive carpet. So far it's seems to hold up.

later,mike

COJeeper

Observer
Wader Patching Kit for Repair

I have used my wader patch kit for just this sort of repair. Worked great, and added some character to the Rig.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
The previous owner of my Overland RTT had a Thule bike carrier failure and he had to strap the bike on top of the RTT resulting in a few small holes, i ended up hitting the JY for a spare tire cover that closely matched the color of my cover. A bit of superglue and it's been holding for two years now.

I even have some left.. it's a med grey if that'll help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles