Thank you Earthroamer

JPFreek1

Explorer
I just now saw the big thread related to Earthroamer's downfall and was quite surprised to see all the harsh and negative feedback related to their business model, etc.

As a small business founder who started JPFreek Adventure Magazine with my best friend because we had a goal, a dream, and a vision, I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who are willing to do the same. Earthroamer was one of the first companies to ever advertise within our magazine and it was through their support that we were able to evolve a lot of our ideas into reality. We later supported financially their efforts with the American Xplorer television series as a sponsor of that show and while it may not have provided much financial benefit for us in the end, it did allow us to be a part of a grander vision focused on exploration and adventure. It was exciting and fun to see this come to fruition and it was an honor for us to be involved with the project.

For anyone out there who looks at what happened to Earthroamer strictly from a negative perspective, please keep in mind that the vision and ideas of those who risk what they have to create and do something that's different from the status quo should be respected, regardless of the outcome.

Thank you Bill & Michelle for your past work with JPFreek Adventure Magazine, and for helping us in so many ways without ever really realizing it. Good luck in your endeavors.

:clapsmile

78Bronco

Explorer
Two thumbs down JP Freak

That thread was locked so now we start a new one. :clapsmile Let's analyze and specualte some more. :( SPAM

I think the negative tone was directed at business' that spend beyond what their wallet can handle and leave others in the lurch for thousands. I have a couple clients I want to kick square in the lug nutz because of this. :bigbossHL:

luangwablondes

Adventurer
I am a bit confused about Earthroamers explanation of circumstances. I would have thought title insurance would cover the issue they are having.

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Remember who we are...

78Bronco,
I'm not a 100% fan of ER, but I am a big fan of ExPo and the friendly community we've built here. Frankly, I find your sarcastic bashing to be pushing the boundaries of who we are as group.

If you enjoy flaming in your posts perhaps you'd have a better time over at Pirate4x4 or IH8MUD, they seem to be full of it.

Sorry, but somebody had to say it. I hate to see Expo slipping from the great community it's become...

Cheers,
jay.

JPFreek1

Explorer
The only reason I even bothered with a new post on the subject was to express thanks to the ER team, and I felt it was prudent given the number of negative remarks made in the previous post. True, I could have just picked up the phone but I felt it was important for all of us at ExPo to recognize the efforts they made and in particular, what they helped bring to the table for JPFreek specifically.

Thanks to all of you who have supported us and our efforts. We greatly appreciate it and I do feel that the efforts of all of us who enjoy this passion of off-highway recreation are better for the contributions made by folks like ER, etc.

Jim1960

Observer
C-ya er

As a business owner that has been burned severely, by several chapter 7 companies, only to receive less than 3 cents on the dollar owed to me, I really feel for the vendors hurt by this filing.

No matter how they went to business, it's a loss to us all, who planned on one day purchasing a ER.
:costumed-smiley-007 Adios ER.......

Last edited:

cellularsteve2

Adventurer
Where is the original thread you guys are referring to that talks about the bankruptcy? I searched on Google and the thread seems to have been removed here?

I just wanted to read about it since I considered purchasing one.

cellularsteve2

Adventurer
Not quite yet Ray. I said "considered" as in the past tense:sombrero:

I really like my SMB alot. I could see down the line "considering" an Earthroamer.

Due to the bankruptcy, ER's assets will likely be liquidated and someone with cash on hand may get a deal on one.

In the meantime I will enjoy my SMB.:victory:

I guess the original post was deleted regarding the ER bankruptcy?

steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94