Smksignals M416 trailer

Smksignals

Explorer
Well, I did it. I bought myself a M416 trailer, and I LOVE it. :wings:
There are so many different things I can do to this, it is driving me crazy !! :Wow1:

I posted a M416 trailer for sale on CL here a couple of days ago knowing people are always on the look out for them. The trailer pic in the ad looked really clean. Well I started looking at the post myself and started thinking this might be something I can use. After thinking about it I said what the heck, I'll go look at it just for kicks. After all I have never seen one in person. Well one look and I had to have it.

I posted another thread here asking for help on how to register it without a title or plates on it. I got a lot of help on the thread, and I am convinced registering it will not be a problem.

Anyways, enough ********-chat... Below are the pix !!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

fjcruzn

Observer
Great find!

These trailers make wonderful expedition trailers and I have hauled mine through some very gnarly terrain and it tracks great!

cheers,

dale

howell_jd

Adventurer
Wow! That looks like it just came back from the CARC shop (other than the color)! What a great find - congrats!

Smksignals

Explorer
What is that painted with?

A

Thanks for the comments.

It some sort of a flat green paint. It looks to painted by a sprayer.... not a can. The owner said is was painted as a Vietnam Era Forest Green. Maybe the camera is not doing it justice... Or maybe it is...

kai38

Explorer
Nice find, I've had mine for 10yrs and its been dragged from Mexico to Canada, Useful gadget to take camping.

Smksignals

Explorer
Progress made !!

Well I got a lid build for my trailer and purchased an off brand RTT and got it mounted up. Overall I am happy with my set up. I took it out for a little trial run, a day trip, last weekend. Everything held up well. Now I gotta get out and camp in it !!

A friend helped me build the lid. The RTT is from Overland Accesories.

Pics below -

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Bostonian1976

perfectly done. I like the look of the lid and the way you mounted it. this will be my model for mine if you don't mind me stealing your idea :)

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Looks like a nice setup... That tent looks nice on there.

Are you worried about water pulling on the top because of the flat profile and the outter trim lip?

-

Smksignals

Explorer
perfectly done. I like the look of the lid and the way you mounted it. this will be my model for mine if you don't mind me stealing your idea :)

Don't mind at all ...:)

Are you worried about water pooling on the top because of the flat profile and the outer trim lip?

-

Not really... Luckily here in So Cal it doesn't rain to much. Plus I store the trailer in my garage. So I hope it won't be getting too wet. The seam between the trim and lid is sealed with silicone for when it does.

RJ40

Adventurer
Darn nice job on that lid frame! Can you give any pix of the hinge assembly and how you accomplished that? Also what size tubing did you use for the frame, how think is the aluminum skin....inquiring minds you know! Thanks for sharing this...it is very sanely done!!

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior