Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: November Weight Loss Challenge

I'm good. Surgery went well. I am on my way to being 1/2 of me. This will make overlanding and associated type activities much easier. Yay!
    The power of imagination makes us infinite. - John Muir

Just had my post-op with the surgeon. Abdominal drain was removed. That was an ummm... interesting experience. In the week since the surgery I've lost around 20 pounds.

In the past month and 1/2 I'm down about 50. I feel very, very good right now. Next week I get to add some variety to my diet. Currently it's clear liquids and getting a bit redundant. I get to go to full liquid so I can have yogurt, cream soups, stuff like that. Yay!!

I've also been released to begin getting some exercise. My mom got me a recumbent exercise bike off Craigslist so I'm going to get acquainted with it starting this evening.

All in all, I don't know that bariatric surgery is any kind of panacea for everyone, but I firmly believe that it has been the right choice for me.
    More to follow and thanks to those who have offered support.

Darin (slightly smaller and feeling good about it)

Thanks for checking in. Glad things are going well, and, again, if there is anything we Austonians can do, please let us know.

As of my 1 July follow-up, I've now lost 100 pounds over roughly the last 3 1/2 to 4 months. I've lost around 8 inches in my waist and 2-3 shirt sizes (depends on brand). I no longer get out of breath nearly as easily, the near constant edema in my lower legs is non-existent, and my knees don't hurt anymore. I still have a good ways to go before I'm even close to being non-obese, but so far I'm feeling very good about things.

Dang, Darin, that sounds GREAT!

Thats a serious amount of weight loss man , congrats!

Yesterday I was at 115 pounds lost.
    I'll have a 3 in front of my weight within a few days. It's been a long time since I had that.
    Going to join a walking group here pretty quick.
    Also about to have to buy some clothes. Over due on buying shirts, but I've been pushing it to avoid spending the cash. My belt now goes around me almost 1 and 1/2 times - probably the most profound personal evidence I see of how many inches I've lost.
    Still want to lose at least another 100-125 pounds, and would like to lose another 150-175. I see no reason why this won't happen.
    I'm still learning how to eat with my modified gut. Still having violent rejection if and when I screw up, but that's happening less and less often.
    I'm very glad I had this surgery.

Thanks for the update, Darin.

If you see me around town, please introduce yourself. I know we've met, but I doubt I'd recognize you.

Congrats, and keep up the good work.

Guest of the northern barbarians Aberdeen
    Darin

excellent news ! slow and steady progress is good progress !

Best you get saving for the tummy tuck !

Cape Town, South Africa, 33 52 24 S 18 30 00 E
    Darin we need before and after photos buddy
    06 Mitsubishi Colt 2.8i turbodiesel Clubcab
    (Americanese translation: L200 crewcab, or a truck version of a Pajero Sport)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast