November Weight Loss Challenge

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I start, on Sunday, somewhere around 310, been avoiding the scale. I got married July of 2008, was 248, so I have gained all of my divorce weight back and then some... Time to get to work, so I can enjoy the outdoors.

Hey dude,

Hope you hit your goals for the New Year.

I tried to quarterback these monthly weight loss challenges a long time ago, but failed (at QB'ing and at loosing weight). This thread was started Nov. 2009. Darin has been using it to keep us up-to-date with his fantastic progress, though.

You might want to post up on the Jan 2011 EXPO Belly off club ! thread by UK4x4, instead.

DarinM

Explorer
Failed is such a big word, Lynn.

Let's just call it a temporary setback or something. (I have been told by my senior level managers to present things in a more positive light - is it working? :) )

Happy New Year. We still need to get a coffee one of these days. There's a wonderful place called Pacha just north of 45th on Burnet. Great coffee, great food items. Let's make a plan.

Happy New Year folks!

I'll start another line, age. Kind of got me thinking about age, height, weight, and how everything SHOULD BE.

Starting weight: 209.5

Goal for the Month: Sub - 200

Overall goal: 180

Weight loss to date: ... Maybe .5 since my last trip to the commode?

Biggest Challenge, Fitness: No acess to gym, I do not own a pair of tennis shoes at the moment. Just Justins and Ariats LOL

Biggest Challenge, Diet: I love food. My wife is Mountain Dew.

Plan of Attack: Go on a steady venison, egg, veggies, no soda of any variety, light starches, and Cheerios.

Day of Weigh In: 1 - 5 - 2012

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Failed is such a big word, Lynn.

Let's just call it a temporary setback or something. (I have been told by my senior level managers to present things in a more positive light - is it working? :) )

Happy New Year. We still need to get a coffee one of these days. There's a wonderful place called Pacha just north of 45th on Burnet. Great coffee, great food items. Let's make a plan.

Happy New Year folks!

Darin!

Good to hear from you, man!

How've you been doing?

DarinM

Explorer
Hey Lynn.
I'm still kicking.
Plateaued for awhile with losing weight - still been losing inches though. Been exercising quite a bit so I guess I'm losing fat and gaining muscle mass?
I'm hovering around 220-230 lost right now.
I've been either walking 3-3 1/2 miles, riding my bicycle 5-7 miles or riding my exercise bike around 8 miles daily all year so far. (Sounds really impressive when worded that way, no?)
I have gone from 56 pants to 38s and 6x shirts to 2x.
Yesterday I was able to run probably 1 mile of my 3 1/2 mile walk. I'm hurting today, but not in a bad way.
I will reach my overall weight loss goal this year and I will maintain that for another year - at which time I'll have plastic surgery to clean up all the left over flappy skin.
It's all good. I feel physically great and mentally I'm catching up with my physical changes.
How's things with you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles