Doc's AT FlipPac Build Thread

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
So epic.
I think I may post their link on Wander The West for the pop-up shell owners. I could easily see this in use in a FWC etc.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Wow, that looks amazing! This set up in a power wagon would be epic. When the weather gets really bad you still have a sleeping platform down below with plenty of headroom. Well done guys.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Wow, that looks amazing! This set up in a power wagon would be epic. When the weather gets really bad you still have a sleeping platform down below with plenty of headroom. Well done guys.

That would be epic! More info and pics are being added to the Goose Gear site as production ramps up, check it out!

Custom module for Toyota Tacoma, this module started out its life as a two drawer module with an extension and a lid. The great feature about the lid is the ability to access drawer contents from inside the vehicle with the camper closed. You do not need to open the tailgate to get to the top drawer from inside the FlipPac.

goose gear 11.jpg

Great shot of the standard two drawer small module, full extensions stainless steel drawer guides make this drawer fully functional.

goose gear 12.jpg

Dovetailed drawers with stainless steel drawer guides for superior longevity.

goose gear 13.jpg

Customized standard door module.

goose gear 15.jpg

Salice hinges for superior strength and reliability.

goose gear 14.jpg

Construction:
Goose-Gear modular storage solutions are constructed with the finest materials available.

The framework is super lightweight aluminum extrusion with fiber reinforced nylon connections. By using aluminum framework we can eliminate the need for thick, heavy plywood supports and place panels as dividers or structural support only where needed saving a great deal of weight and material. The aluminum extrusion is Made in the USA.

The laminated panels are cold pressed using PVA glue to eliminate delamination. The core of the panels are Joubert Okoume Marine Plywood, Certified by Lloyds of London for Maritime Construction. Class 3 exterior gluing provides excellent resistance to damp conditions, CARB compliant and is FSC certified to protect our most critical natural resource, the forests of the World.

Weight savings is incredible, Joubert Okoume is the lightest plywood in the world, a 1/2" thick sheet of Joubert Okoume weighs about the same as a 1/4" thick sheet of Baltic Birch plywood.

Exterior hinges and drawer slides are stainless steel unless you upgrade to heavy duty slides which are coated steel. Interior hinges are Salice for superior durability and longevity.

Drawer boxes are constructed with 9mm or 12mm Baltic Birch and feature dovetail construction.

Last edited:

Keyne

Adventurer
It would be cool to build a similar interior design (e.g. use the bases as benches) in a JK Habitat... The rollbar could be a problem but wondering with rear seats removed if something similar could be built. Very nice setup!

Keyne

Adventurer
I am still thinking of your Flip Pac. Wow that is nice. I think the nicest I have seen. It really makes a great case for getting one of those vs. a popup camper, etc... However... their kit would be awesome in an FWC shell.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
IIRC they make two styles of inserts, the softer closed cell foam style (pictured) and a more upscale "cordura" type material. Bothe types of inserts are designed to be left in the drawer vice pulled out and used on the go.

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
Dave,

How is this stuff held in, and how easily is it to remove? That is a KILLER setup and actually rekindled my thoughts of a Flip-Pac

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne