Exhaust Snorkel for 08' Dodge Ram 1500???

nab07

Does anyone know where I could find a snorkel for my Dogde Ram? I have looked all over the internet trying to at least find a company that would make one, but havent had any luck. I know I once saw a site from Boulder, CO that makes snorkels, but I wasnt thinking to save it.

angusdevil

Adventurer
They don't exist..... yet. There is one slated to come out in the next few months though. The boys in Austrailia have been working on it and its not the best design in the world but I imagine it'll do the job.

nab07

Relpy

Do you know the name of the company that is doing this? Just as long as I can get one put on by June im good.

Heimz

Observer
You should be good by June. They are slated for release before Xmas. The company that is distributing them is Expeditioneers of AZ, and they are selling them for a company that engineered and produces them in Australia. You can reserve them HERE.

Pics?

Yes!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
An intake snorkel is not the same as an exhaust snorkel. Are you indeed looking for an exhaust snorkel? What drives this concern? I'm fully aware of the potential engine damage in the rare instance your motor stalls under water and sucks water back through the exhaust. Is this in deed your concern?

You might check with a custom exhaust shop, with so many full-size trucks doing stacks through the bed these days I don't think it would be too hard for them to wrap your exhaust up in a similar manner.

M

mike6187

cruiseroutfit wrote:
An intake snorkel is not the same as an Dodge exhaust snorkel. Are you indeed looking for an exhaust snorkel? What drives this concern? I'm fully aware of the potential engine damage in the rare instance your motor stalls under water and sucks water back through the exhaust. Is this in deed your concern?

You might check with a custom exhaust shop, with so many full-size trucks doing stacks through the bed these days I don't think it would be too hard for them to wrap your exhaust up in a similar manner.

Great question! Yah! what is really the difference between intake snorkel and exhaust snorkel? what performance will it improve in our vehicles? sorry, i really don't have any idea about this thing.

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
an intake snorkel is connected to the airbox and keeps the engine from sucking IN water, an exhuast snorkel or stack would be connected to the tailpipe, personally i see no need for this, as long as the engine is running its just gonna keep blowing water out

chasespeed

Explorer
Well, the exhaust snorkel DOES have its place, or it wouldnt exist.

I think in a 1/2 ton w/ stock exhaust, you'd be fine. But, every time I think of something for my truck(raising the intake etc), I think about the 5" 'sewer pipe' as my father calls it, running the length of my truck. The sole point is to reduce back pressure after the turbo to nothing, or close to it...

I dont think most gassers need anything like that, they have backpressure in their systems, more than a diesel anyway.

BUT... I have an idea on how to do this, after seeing the Humvees system....

If we all didnt mind a little extra ugly, the snorkle system would work as well...

Chase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles