FROADER's 2005 F-150 Crew FX4

FROADER

Adventurer
Can you remove the crossbars to maintain access to the bed?

'Unfortunately,' no. I had thought about doing that, but I will be setting up a pulley system in the garage to store it when I don't want it on the truck. It's only held on by the 8 bolts in the angle iron on the bed rails, so it won't really be a big deal to remove it.

I had the tonneau cover on the truck (since purchased), so I was used to owning a nonfunctional truck... :) If I needed to use a truck bed, I swapped with a friend, which I can still do.

cocco78

Adventurer
Very nice, to bad you couldn't keep the bed covered to keep your stuff clean and dry...

'Unfortunately,' no. I had thought about doing that, but I will be setting up a pulley system in the garage to store it when I don't want it on the truck. It's only held on by the 8 bolts in the angle iron on the bed rails, so it won't really be a big deal to remove it.

I had the tonneau cover on the truck (since purchased), so I was used to owning a nonfunctional truck... :) If I needed to use a truck bed, I swapped with a friend, which I can still do.

If you want to make the cross bars removable...

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/ID-Tube-Clamp_p_1467.html

IDtubeclamp3.jpg

FROADER

Adventurer
Very nice, to bad you couldn't keep the bed covered to keep your stuff clean and dry...

If you want to make the cross bars removable...
I may still try and find a roll-up cover that will work with the rack.

We thought about using those tube connectors, but I'm not worried about it. I'm going to do the pulley system in the garage.

^^are those the ones they used on Extreme 4x4 on the s10 truggy?
Yeah, those are them.

FROADER

Adventurer
It's getting closer to looking like my photoshop idea...

I painted the wheels on Tuesday afternoon.

DSC_1290.jpg

Wolvee

Adventurer
Outstanding rack you've made.

I'd like to do something like this on my 01 SCREW. I'm putting on a hard tonneau cover on Monday and I'm going to start mocking up some Carbon Fiber tubing to make a large rack similar to yours to go on top. (I'm not putting a Tent on top of the rack but it will carry gear.) I've never worked with the Carbon tubing before but it looks to have amazing strength for the weight.

http://www.rockwestcomposites.com/browse/round-carbon-fiber-tubing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier