1989 Landcruiser 502 Mercruiser POWER

Merc62

Truck is up for sale again. Price is $22,000.
Changes from the original posting are as follows.
2002-2003 5.3 Vortec Swap completed last summer.
Front Windows converted to manual.
37,000 on truck currently. 120,000 on motor.
Oil cooler removed.
All new motor accessories.
New Wiring harness, computer from Howell.
New Motor mounts.
Front end rebuild.
Tranny Service
Im probably missing some other details at the moment but I wanted to post.

This has been my daily driver since the motor swap and I hate to sell it but life has a way
of forcing you to make some tough choices and the days of Rubicon and Moab are not in the
works for me right now. Its more vehicle than I need and its not being used for what its built
for. If there are any questions or interest please PM me or ask away. Im committed to keeping
this for sale as long as need be. I have full receipts and documentation of the trucks original build
as well as full receipts from Landcruiser NW of the motor swap. Truck will come with full size 37"
spare, hi lift, spare parts, axles etc. I am pretty firm on the price. If anyone is serious about the
truck and wants more detailed photos I can email them to you directly. I usually check in on mud
a few times a day.

-Matt

Well it pains me(truly) to be doing this but there are some financial changes that need to occur in my life and thats some debt reduction. So the truck is for sale. Im selling it as well because I need a less radical 4x4 to drive, maybe something a little closer to stock than this. I have had the truck for nearly 2 years and put around 5 or 6000 miles on it. This being primarily Moab and Rubicon. Other than that its been a weekend driver to the park with the dogs. This truck with the previous owner was disassembled and reassembled with all new parts over a 2 year period with attention paid to quality and detail. There were more than 1000 hours spent on this build. Right now it has 24,XXX miles on it. It was built to be a very capable off road truck with road drivability. Here are some details
Body/Interior
Body removed and all bolts and brackets yellow cad plated
New Fact-Grill,Headlamps,vents,emblems,door handles,flares
Doors rebuilt inside and panels refurbished
Brown carpet
New factory gauges
Fully undercoated
New body mounts
Switch panel for-ARBS,Ebrake,lights,air pressure
Stout Equipment front bumper, 9000 superwinch with outside and inside control
New factory gas tank with custom fuel line
New brake and gas lines
Sliders powdercoated and air tanked

Lights/Elec
Hellas
2 optima reds, engine kill switch, new factory trays and hold downs
140amp alt
Electric IAC motor interrupt for fast idle
On board air comp, dash controlled
Electric Fans
Custom fuse panel
700 watt Sony Amp with cross overs/subwoffer enclosed in factory carpet

Chassis
Frame and axles sand blasted, epoxy primed and painted
SOA with OME F and R
Cut and turn
Rancho 9000
Longs
New front factory brake rotors
FF axle with rear disc brakes
ARBs F AND R
Ron Davis Radiator with tranny cooler
15x10 sim beads on 37mtrs
JK Custom Anti Wrap Bar

Drivetrain
New 2000 Mercruiser 502 EFI factory multiport fuel injection and comp
430HP/520 lbs
Aluminum coolers
Chevy Big Block brackets
Chevy steering pump,AC, serp belt
Sanderson headers
2.5 dual magnaflow exhaust
4l80e GM Tranny with stand alone adj on the fly computer
Tranny coolers
Fact rebuilt transfer case
Klune V Golliath

Done to truck while in my care.
F and R custom drivelines(heavy built)
Rebuilt front end
AC and Heating work done
plugs,dist,rotor,ignition mod
Rear brakes,rotors
4x4 Labs bumper
sliders redone
new contour fan
OME heavy springs up front and new stock shackles
minor steering work
fuel filter
sanderson headers
cats and exhaust leak work(passed DEQ)
oil changes done regularly
Diffs,transfer fluids all changed

Im sure there are some details Im leaving out but it is alot of truck and Im not thrilled to be posting this ad up either but I need to do it. I paid 25,000 and have invested well over 8000.00. I currently still owe on the truck. Im selling for 28,000. Firm. Im sure there are those that will have opinions on this but this is what I need out of it. The previous owner gave me a binder with the details of the truck build as well as receipts upwards of 50,000. This is a dream cruiser for someone. If you are serious about the truck and want further questions answered please pm or email me. mevans1975@msn.com More pics if needed.
Matt
The truck is at Landcruiser NW here in Portland getting some work done.
Steering Box Rebuilt
New Ron Davis Custom Radiator with fans
Some electrical work as well.
28,000 Firm. Im going to be putting at least a couple thousand into the work mentioned above so I will not be lowering the price. I still owe 12,000 on the truck so the title is with the bank.

I am open to just selling the engine out of the truck as well. I have to do some research to look at pricing but if anyone is interested pm me. New 2000 Mercruiser Marine 502 EFI 435hp/520lbsft Mec Factory multiport fuel injection and computer with 96 chevy truck accessories.
Thanks
DSC_0121-1.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0013.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0004.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

wikid

Adventurer
I don't smoke... but I think I need a cigarette. Beautiful truck . I cannot afford this but wish you well on the sale.
thanks
Don

Maddmatt

Explorer
So I had this dream..... where there was my personal favorite body style Land Cruiser..... and somebody overbuilt it with a ridiculous amount of power (and I mean that in the best possible way).....and then I won the lottery and bought it from him......

That dream is 2/3 complete - if the last part happens tonight I'll be in touch tomorrow.

In the meantime, nice truck - good luck with the sale.

Merc62

4.11s

Yes it is Garys build.

Thanks for the comments. I have a feeling that its going to be a while before the truck sales considering the economy and price but who knows.

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
"Right now it has 24,XXX miles on it."

Do you mean 24K since the build was completed, or
24K in total since the truck was first sold in 1989?

What's the VIN?

The photos show the truck has Oregon plates. When does
the registration expire?

Thanks,
Chip Haven

Merc62

"Right now it has 24,XXX miles on it."

Do you mean 24K since the build was completed, or
24K in total since the truck was first sold in 1989?

What's the VIN?

The photos show the truck has Oregon plates. When does
the registration expire

24,XXX since the rebuild , odometer was either reset or a new one installed. Id have to ask the original owner.
Summer 2010 I believe.
JT3FJ62G6K1110380

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Nice truck....I hope the sale goes well for yu!

Is that the stock TLC auto mated to the engine? If so I would certainly question the durability of the tranny with that kind of power behind it.

panzer

Observer
A bump for a ridiculously meticulously built truck.
I have seen and wheeled with it's PO.
It is Gorgeous and capable....and I believe it also has "Iron Man" Ivan Stewarts signature :Wow1: on the dash from the inaugural Toyota Jamboree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior