Eezi Awn Family Model

detailbarn

Adventurer
Does any one have one or any experience with one. I assume they are the same quality as the rest of the eezi awn tents but I would like to get some feedback from any one that has used this model. I will be mounting this to a CDN m101 trailer , not sure of the type of mount but it will most likely me low on the trailer rather then roof height so to keep the center of gravity down. I need a larger model so my son and wife and myself with all fit comfortably.
Thanks for the help!

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
You would be best with a 2200 or even 1800. They all are great in terms of quality and reliability. I know Scott has a 2200 that he is mounting on his TLC, so maybe he will chime in.

I know that both the 1800's and 2200 are out of stock, to the best of my knowledge. And a new shipment will be in after SA's summer break.

detailbarn

Adventurer
flyingwil said:
You would be best with a 2200 or even 1800. They all are great in terms of quality and reliability. I know Scott has a 2200 that he is mounting on his TLC, so maybe he will chime in.

I know that both the 1800's and 2200 are out of stock, to the best of my knowledge. And a new shipment will be in after SA's summer break.

I think it's the 2200 I want , I like the extra space. It should mount to the CDN M101 with a minimal overhang front and rear. I just need to figure out a mount that will allow me to carry two to four mountain bikes and the tent. Inside the trailer will have all the other gear I need.

One thing I am afraid of with the 2200 is it being just over overwhelmingly big. Does anyone have pictures that show a good size comparison.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
It measures about:
  • Open: 87” (W) 96” (L) 51” (H)
  • Closed: 87” (W) 48” (L) 11” (H)

tent_family_new.jpg

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I will soon. The 2200 basically consumes the whole roof of my 80 series. The box looks huge, but it's really quite nominal when on the vehicle, and I would assume the same for the trailer. I will get some pictures when I get a chance to get back out to garage and finish the mounting. It is almost 87" to the tee long (wide).

There's also no doubt it's roomy :) The kids and I played in it for quite some time just opened on the driveway. They are the exact same quality as the other tents, just the larger size.

If you have 90" to spare, it may be well worth it.

detailbarn

Adventurer
pskhaat said:
I will soon. The 2200 basically consumes the whole roof of my 80 series. The box looks huge, but it's really quite nominal when on the vehicle, and I would assume the same for the trailer. I will get some pictures when I get a chance to get back out to garage and finish the mounting. It is almost 87" to the tee long (wide).

There's also no doubt it's roomy :) The kids and I played in it for quite some time just opened on the driveway. They are the exact same quality as the other tents, just the larger size.

If you have 90" to spare, it may be well worth it.

pskhaat , thanks for the info sounds perfect for what i want. How did you mount the tent? Is it very heavy or reasonable given it's size. I'd love to see some pics on your 80 when you get it done. Thanks again for all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles