Pull-out Kitchen Thread

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
Second kitchen

Our OKA has a second, outside kitchen.
The 2 burner stove is mounted to a large door hinged along the bottom edge.

05-06-3007.jpg

Inside there is storage, light, (inverter) mains power, water-on-tap etc. The dishwasher is inside...... :)
The large bench space provided by the door is great for all sorts of other uses too.

Bloody ants are a bit of a problem though....

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
With the size of those ants it's a wonder they let you take the rig anywhere! I guess being big in only two dimensions has it's limitations?

Thanks for the picture. I really like the concept and execution. I just wish that I could use it.

I've been working on a model of what I want to build, but I'm a long ways from having it all sorted out. This is what I have so far:
attachment.php

Attachments

• kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,244

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I really like the concept...but are you going to have enough "flat surface" for food prep?

I like the double pull outs, which may ultimately end up with adjustable legs on the end.....but may double your work space.

Nice design!

Pat

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Thanks!
It might be large enough, but the way that it's currently buried behind the sink and the stove would make it awkward to use. I'm working on a second gen rev.

I really, really, really wish to avoid needing a supporting leg or legs. Aside from the hassle of setting them up, they add a complication to the design that I really don't want to have to deal with.

I have an IP engine swap to complete and sort out before I can start on this, so I have some time to keep refining it.

adventurebuddies

Adventurer
I had no idea so many other people were working on this concept. I just finished a scale model of my pull-out kitchen v2.0 and am now trying to work out a few design bugs. I have to build 1/3 scale models out of poster board since I don't have those fancy pants computer programs like some of you.:sombrero:

I think I'm on to something good for my needs - or actually my wife's needs since a condition of the trailer purchase is that she gets a gourmet kitchen on wheels.

It's basically a 72" deep by 20" wide full pullout box that will pull out of the back tailgate of the trailer. When standing at the back of the trailer, the far end (front of the trailer) has the Norcold 60 and the near end has the sink. To expose the sink, you open a lid which has a Brunton 3 burner stove mounted to it (upside down in the closed position) and the "sides" of the box become the work surface. There are a few issues to work out but I have some solutions in my mind.

This kitchen will occupy about half of the trailer tub and offer a sink with hot/cold water, the fridge, plenty of counter surface, all pot/plate/utensil storage and be able to setup up in less than a minute. At least that's the idea. I know the pics are terrible and probably don't communicate the concept very well....

Biggest obstacle so far is that I haven't been able to find 72" full extension 500lb slides. 60" is the longest I've seen online. Any sources for long ones?

Attachments

• IMGP1011.JPG
    IMGP1011.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMGP1012.JPG
    IMGP1012.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 270

adventurebuddies

Adventurer
I found a manufacturer who could make the 72" slide outs for me. Don't have a price yet though.

These pics show the general idea using some scrap plywood I had laying around.

This is about what it would look like fully deployed out of the rear tailgate. Fridge access is from the right between the pullout and the spare tire swingout. A built in "real" sink would be where the green collapsible sink is sitting. The stove would be on the left where the silver piece of sheet metal is. Pots/plates/utensil storage between the sink and the fridge in shelving and/or drawers made of plywood.

I haven't decided exactly how I would support the fold out sides but my goal would be not to have to use any legs.

Attachments

• IMGP1017.JPG
    IMGP1017.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 281
  • IMGP1018.JPG
    IMGP1018.JPG
    418.1 KB · Views: 251

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
The price and availability of long slides is why I'm using wheels on the 'drawer' and inside of the box. At present I'm only moving a little short of 40" plus the 18" of the stove.

ex m38a1er

Adventurer
Will you guys stop posting ideas!!!
Everytime i think i have enough you throw some more!!!
I'll never start! I'll just keep on collecting ideas...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior