The best adventure travel boots.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Today was a Goretex day. I know a lot don't like it, especially during hot weather but for me I love it between fall and spring. Perfectly dry feet

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have been wearing my Columbia bugaboo xtr Omni heats. They are awesome for winter. I need to unpack my timberlands. They rock and I miss them since we moved.

jeepovich

Explorer
I use Redback for over 10 years. I'm on my 3rd pair right now. Great desert boots. No laces = no dust getting trapped. I wear them at work all day long and was introduced to them by a Tool truck driver. Non slip, light and super comfy. I'm on my feet all day for work and this boots are the best boots I've ever owned. Not sure how they would do in a subfreezing weather but you can stand in 2" of water and be dry. I was sceptical at first about them when it comes to hiking but after 15 mile hike in High Sierra's my feet were happy. The non slip soles are a must when traveling over wet, odd shaped rocks.

CSG

Explorer
I've been wearing Merrill Moab mid-ankle Goretex boots for the last two years both as winter shoes and as hiking shoes. I am as impressed with these as any boot I've ever worn. Whether they're suitable for all sorts of adventure travel, I can't say but what I can say is they are about perfect for my needs (SAR, desert and forest hiking, winter, rain, general all-around shoes).

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/moab-mid-gore-tex%E2%84%A2/16222M.html?dwvar_16222M_color=J87311#cgid=men-footwear-hiking&start=1

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Soon be footwear buying time again for me. There are 2 pairs of merrels at sportcheck that I am picking up. Gotta love my son's employee discount plus bogo on now. I am also picking up a new pair of custom colored keen sandals and shoes as well. I like having options! right now, I have 3 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of boots in the hallway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior