The best adventure travel boots.

libarata

Expedition Leader
Made in the USA, http://www.afboots.com

I had hiked roughly 1,000ish miles in their 6'' boots, through the deserts of SoCal, mountain trails of Virginia, and showshoeing in Northern Wisconsin in -30 degree weather. I also had a pair of their 8'' black boots I wore while I was in the Navy. My next boots will be another pair over the Thorogoods(Union, USA made).

Being my designated hiker, they also sat on my feet as a daily wear boot. In the future, I will have two pairs to rotate.

peneumbra

Explorer
La sportiva Update...

I've had my La Sportiva Glaciers for a couple of months now. I've watched all kinds of tv programs with them on - including many adventure shows - and so far they've been extremely comfortable and have shown hardly any wear!:sombrero:

dvsjw

Observer
Asolo GTX and a pair of flip flops have worked for me. From 13000 feet with snow to sand at the beach, either ones in either situation. The good boots are for a hike or a long walk out and the ease of flip flops for shuffling around the campsite.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
This is what I got on Saturday.
Light, flexible, dry.
http://hunt.irishsetterboots.com/ir...2863-irish-setter-hunt-mens-8-inch-boot-stone

Not a true minimalist but has good protection, good traction, isn't heavy like many boots. Flexes pretty well.
Not sure how it will feel on the clutch...
Most importantly, it comes in a 14-wide. A real 14-wide. And was in stock (finally) at Bass Pro.

SH02863_WEB

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
you wear a 14? how big are you? I have a pair of coleman waterproof hunting boots for the fall, they work great and were 70 bucks.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
I brought a set of Cochran I I jump boots when I was in the army. Soft leather except for the heal and toe. Similar are the all leather Rockies with soft leather and instep zipper. But I found a set of Bates enforcers this use black similar to the design above but it had rubber like Dr Scholes insert with a graduated don't disc. It has different size wedges where you can turn it to get ankle support the way you need it. Like more support on the instep or out step. 360 degree adjustable. That's all I've my last 7 years on patrol.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
you wear a 14? how big are you? I have a pair of coleman waterproof hunting boots for the fall, they work great and were 70 bucks.
I'm 6'5" ---- but I can't wear those cheapo Chinese things anymore. Too many knee problems...

My biggest fitment problem is that my feet are long and wide but not fat. Almost every boot/shoe manufacturer makes their wide products for fat feet and lower calves. I'm really lean these days.
Most of the boots that fit the width of my feet swim around my ankles and lower calves; when I lace them, the eyelets touch together and there's still room inside.

The Irish Setters fit well with a medium sock. Finally.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I brought a set of Cochran I I jump boots when I was in the army. Soft leather except for the heal and toe. Similar are the all leather Rockies with soft leather and instep zipper. But I found a set of Bates enforcers this use black similar to the design above but it had rubber like Dr Scholes insert with a graduated don't disc. It has different size wedges where you can turn it to get ankle support the way you need it. Like more support on the instep or out step. 360 degree adjustable. That's all I've my last 7 years on patrol.
Do you remember the Bates tactical boots from around '85 or '86? When Goretex first hit the market?
I had a pair of those for duty boots back then that were sooooooooo comfortable. But they dropped that model.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I'm 6'5" ---- but I can't wear those cheapo Chinese things anymore. Too many knee problems...

My biggest fitment problem is that my feet are long and wide but not fat. Almost every boot/shoe manufacturer makes their wide products for fat feet and lower calves. I'm really lean these days.
Most of the boots that fit the width of my feet swim around my ankles and lower calves; when I lace them, the eyelets touch together and there's still room inside.

The Irish Setters fit well with a medium sock. Finally.

Ha ha, your almost a full foot taller than me. My son is 6'2 and has problems buying skates for hockey too, so we know your pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne