The best adventure travel boots.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Ahhh yes....
Guess that would make it not worth it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

They were a touch small, so it was an easy upswell to move on, for 65$ to resolve I might consider to get them done as a backup or pass them on

Jakes01234

Explorer
I had a pair of Salomon winter hiking boots I was going to send out for new soles but the significant other tossed them away at the last closet clean out.
I keep hearing about the asolos so I think I'll be hunting down a pair shortly to try out. Last pair of timberlands lasted 2 months and the sole was worn.
Guess I'm heavier than the average hiker or the shoe just sucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

yfarm

Observer
What's really a shame is that nobody builds a foot-shaped lightweight-but-tough boot with a good minimalist sole like the Vibram Newporter.
http://www.frankfordleather.com/rubber-soles/vibram-1330-newporter-sole-black.asp

1330_l.gif

Russell Moccasin

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Russell Moccasin
I custom ordered a pair of Russell Thula Thula Minimal boots. Went through the process. Measured, outlined, paid, waited.
Got my pair of incredibly well-crafted boots. Wonderful leather. Impeccable quality.
And they didn't come close to fitting. They felt great when I first put them on and paddled around the house but I guess that was because I was on carpet and had a beer in me.
When I wore them for more than an hour they were painful like enhanced interrogation.
I'm usually a 14W on my right foot and 13.5W left. But not "fat" wide. "Wide" wide; that's why most boots don't fit; they're made for fat American feet...

So I contacted Russell and told them about the boots that were two sizes too long, two sizes too narrow, and two sizes too big around the foot and ankle. Their promise is to fit, right?
They had me return the boots for a refund.
They sent me a check a month later. Less the amount of the "extended size", the all leather, and the shipping. Cost me over $50 to try on the Russells.

That's definitely what I want though. Just have to find a company that actually can do what they claim. Russell is full of hot air and empty promises.

anotherguy

Observer
What's really a shame is that nobody builds a foot-shaped lightweight-but-tough boot with a good minimalist sole like the Vibram Newporter.
http://www.frankfordleather.com/rubber-soles/vibram-1330-newporter-sole-black.asp

I think what you might be looking for is the Asolo Reston. I just picked some up a month or so back and they are great so far. They hit all the marks. Lightweight, well built, foot-shaped vibram sole.

http://www.asolo.com/en/products/hiking-en/natural-shape-en/reston-wp-a27504-00-en.html

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I think what you might be looking for is the Asolo Reston. I just picked some up a month or so back and they are great so far. They hit all the marks. Lightweight, well built, foot-shaped vibram sole.

http://www.asolo.com/en/products/hiking-en/natural-shape-en/reston-wp-a27504-00-en.html
Wayyyyyy too overbuilt for me.

This is what I'm wearing now; I want something similar but with a slightly more robust sole and upper.
No heel. No arch support. Lots and lots of flex.

LEM_Boulder.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Wayyyyyy too overbuilt for me.

This is what I'm wearing now; I want something similar but with a slightly more robust sole and upper.
No heel. No arch support. Lots and lots of flex.

LEM_Boulder.jpg

Could you not buy something like the redwing 875 moc and take it to a cobbler and have them put on a different mid-sole and out-sole, that would give you pretty much exactly what you want, albeit at some cost and grief

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Could you not buy something like the redwing 875 moc and take it to a cobbler and have them put on a different mid-sole and out-sole, that would give you pretty much exactly what you want, albeit at some cost and grief
Been thinking of that. Have to try on the Redwing some day and see if it's the right shape.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Been thinking of that. Have to try on the Redwing some day and see if it's the right shape.

I just bought some a couple weeks ago, quickly becoming one of my more comfortable pairs of shoes. Its amazing how fast the leather begins to mold to your feet.

teginder81

I wear black New Balance 846. Really comfortable(originally got them when recovering from a shattered ankle), look good and clean up to like new very easily to wear with casual clothes like khakis or jeans. Plus they don't set off metal detectors at the airport.

teginder81

I wear black New Balance 846. Really comfortable(originally got them when recovering from a shattered ankle), look good and clean up to like new very easily to wear with casual clothes like khakis or jeans. Plus they don't set off metal detectors at the airport.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

Hi, welcome to the forum...
I noticed that you have 3 posts. And two are identical....

:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94