5 Star...No...3.5 Star Campfire Dinner

M

modelbuilder

IMG_8751.JPG

Chicken Breast, Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Pesto Sauce. 15 to 20 minutes over the fire. Make sure to coat the foil with non-stick spray.

This was a dinner I made a few months ago.

pint

Adventurer
Come on, lets see some more. I'm getting hungry already! I need to get better at taking pics of my food when camping/wheeling. I always forget! Done some good stuff...don't know about 5 star, but damn tasty at the end of the day! :drool:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Come on, lets see some more. I'm getting hungry already! I need to get better at taking pics of my food when camping/wheeling. I always forget! Done some good stuff...don't know about 5 star, but damn tasty at the end of the day! :drool:

Ditto!

We, although no pics to prove it, had on our recent DV trip: Ribs, tri-tip, wild salmon ceviche, creme brulee, cheesecake, banana leaf chukar tamales with a smoked jalapeno/tomato sauce, incredible NewMex engine burritos (3-different kinds), racks and chops of lamb and even more that I've embarrassingly forgotten about.

Photos will be taken next time!

KG6BWS

Explorer
Ditto!

We, although no pics to prove it, had on our recent DV trip: Ribs, tri-tip, wild salmon ceviche, creme brulee, cheesecake, banana leaf chukar tamales with a smoked jalapeno/tomato sauce, incredible NewMex engine burritos (3-different kinds), racks and chops of lamb and even more that I've embarrassingly forgotten about.

Photos will be taken next time!

damn, can i start camping with you?!?!!? if i feel like going "gourmet" i bring a steak.... :sombrero:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Too many pics to find....

We're doing a Deep Fried Turkey Saturday night in the field... does that count?... How about Rotisserie chicken? Filet mignon? Or Tri tip roasted in rocks with jack daniels wood chips? OR how about a pork tenderloin w/grilled peppers over charcoal? or marinated veggies? Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos? Pizza? Stew for lunch or how about breakfast.. steak and eggs ? I think we qualify :) Shoot, i think we eat better out in the field than we do at home sometimes!

Maybe tomorrow i'll try smoking something out in the desert... :wings:

93BLAZER

Explorer

That beats my Walmart brand of Spaghetti-O's I made (or just heated up it the can) on my last trip.

I need to reevaluate a few things...

DesertBoater

Adventurer
How about a bit of Alaskan flavor. Start with smoked salmon and crackers while waiting for the sun to go down, then break out the salmon steaks, coat them in breadcrumbs and sear in hot oil so that there is just a little bit of pink meat on the sides. Serve with sauteed sweet potatos, onion, and garlic with a good glass of white wine...on the beach in Mexico...

Before:
IMG_6699-1.jpg

During:
IMG_6703.jpg

After:
IMG_6716.jpg

Cheers,
West

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Tri Tip roasted in rocks? Even with the wood chips that sounds a bit earthy for my tastes...;^)
Not literally in the rocks ;)

..and its injected and marinated for 4 days prior and rubbed with a good seasoning :D

Fresh Guac made a few days ago in the desert...

guac.jpg

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Maybe tomorrow i'll try smoking something out in the desert... :wings:

Dude, that'll pretty much make ANYTHING taste good :costumed-smiley-007 :snorkel:

How about a bit of Alaskan flavor. Start with smoked salmon and crackers while waiting for the sun to go down, then break out the salmon steaks, coat them in breadcrumbs and sear in hot oil so that there is just a little bit of pink meat on the sides. Serve with sauteed sweet potatos, onion, and garlic with a good glass of white wine...on the beach in Mexico...

Cheers,
West

Thanks, West - I'll be using this on my next Baja trip!

I'm looking into doing lobsters on the trail...I'll let you know how that goes LOL

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
You can’t go wrong with stake and tortillas with some onions and bell pepper… Oh yeah, and a baked sweet potato on the side.

Just make sure you get the uncooked tortillas they are so much better….:sombrero:

Attachments

• Utah 09 053.1jpg.jpg
    Utah 09 053.1jpg.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 83

pint

Adventurer
You can't go wrong with stake and tortillas with some onions and bell pepper… Oh yeah, and a baked sweet potato on the side.

Just make sure you get the uncooked tortillas they are so much better….:sombrero:

Nice! We do some form of steak tortilla's every trip! Usually slice the steak and veggies beforehand to make on trail/camp cooking nice and easy. Hard to beat after a long day. Couple beers, big #ss fire and some steak tortilla's...heaven! :drool:

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Keeping it simple with a cheese-crisp and a glass of wine :costumed-smiley-007

Attachments

• 273717155_sEfqF-L.jpg
    273717155_sEfqF-L.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 38

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles