"The Blaze" My 71 Blazer, the story.

matt s

Explorer
Martin that photo you posted is one of the ones that helped make me certain I wanted a first gen. I must have seen you post it up here somewhere before, maybe even in response to a question of mine on the board. I don't recall, but I do remember that shot. . Is that the "hugger orange" color?

A good friend of mine is finishing a restore on one and is going with that color. He will of course park it right next to mine at work, so that people can see how much nicer his is!! But it will still be fun to put them side by side. There is a third guy with 70's era f250 that he restored. I am planning on organizing an "old iron" run this spring. It should be fun.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Martin that photo you posted is one of the ones that helped make me certain I wanted a first gen. I must have seen you post it up here somewhere before, maybe even in response to a question of mine on the board. I don't recall, but I do remember that shot. . Is that the "hugger orange" color?

Wow, I didn't think my photo would inspire someone! :D Actually, if you'd owned that it wouldn't have been much of an inspiration. I ended up replacing the clutch once, the rear end twice, and the transfer case was always problematic (going into 4wd Lo was easy, but getting it into 4wd high was a very difficult proposition.) I don't blame that on the truck, I blame it on me for buying a vehicle that had obviously been monkeyed around with by previous owners.

As for the color, it's actually a fire-engine red, that photo is a scanned in slide from about 1984 and I think the slide may have discolored a bit over the years and multiple moves.

1leg

Explorer
Can you tell us what you got the temp/compass mirror out of or is it after-market. I would really like to have one in my 89 Suburban.

Oh yah------ nice truck :victory:

matt s

Explorer
Can you tell us what you got the temp/compass mirror out of or is it after-market. I would really like to have one in my 89 Suburban.

Oh yah------ nice truck :victory:

It's after market. My brother ordered it from cabelas as a christmas gift a few years ago (they still sell it). It used to reside in my F150. I liked it so much I put the stock mirror back on it before I sold it so I could keep the compass temp mirror for the the blazer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles