I need a Keyline Journeyman latch...

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Our 2004 Horizon came with a Keyline Journeyman fridge slide tray and its beefy as all get out.. but the latch broke on it. A little mechanism fell out of the inside and now i have to use my finger to unlock the slide. It's dangerous after a few beers, trust me :D

Anyhow, i contacted Keyline, but they want a pretty penny for one and they're in Indiana and i want it for this week before we leave for Thanksgiving.

Does anyone know where you can get a simple pull latch like they sell? Or maybe if AT is listening (ill give you guys a call tomorrow) maybe you have one laying around?

Here's our slide out tray..

it looks like this... just a simple work truck latch.. its the one top of the photo next to the drawer slide rails..

paddlatch.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Found it at Mcmaster car i believe.. but the price is the same as Keyline. May have to just bite the bullet and get one from them. At least that way i know it's the right one.

AKRover

Adventurer
I have purchased similar latches at a few of the local trailer supply shops. In fact I used one to build my fridge slide and it was about $10.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yeah, im finding truck and rack places near our shop that have them too. Thanks for the post. Guess im too fast for my own questions lol

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Yup, I used locking versions on my trailer. Made by Faucher Industries. I'm getting them at a local truck/trailer shop for $37 each.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Found one at a local truck body shop.

I can't believe Keyline welded the old one in! It's a fridge slide for heaven sakes!

Anyways the new one is in and functioning perfect. Thanks for the help guys!

Dezdan

Observer
Maybe so it wouldn't pop out with vibration? I've had one do that on one of my work trucks.

~Dan

P.S. That garage looks way too clean! :cool:

Funny how u post a pic of a guy with a grinder and eye protection ON his head and not over his eyes while grinding..... safety first? Sometimes we have to remind each other. :victory:

Glad you fixed the latch without incident.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
ha! Yeah... the maintenance guy was bored in our complex and grabbed the grinder out of my hands. If he loses his eye it's his own fault! :D And he knows better!

Dan, yeah i hear you there on the vibration. Clean garage that day! Not right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne