Double Sleeping Bags

Stanleyxuturner

How do i wash my military canvase sleeping bags?

I have these military canvase sleeping bags and they need washed i have no idea how to wash them or if they need to go to a dry cleaner or not? the tags are faded please help thanks

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
military canvas sleeping bags? are they down? if so dry clean otherwise you can develop mold

RusherRacing

Adventurer
my parents have two coleman colossal bags that they zip together. they are huge, but work very well. rated to 20 degrees and about $55 a piece, they are good value for money.

This is what we have!

They do take up some space but dang are they warm and comfortable. I love them for the cold early spring and fall trips. But for the mid July at the River they are way to warm and I wouldn't recommend them. We typically use two light blankets if its going to be warm at night 80+ Deg F

We use a North Face Twin Peaks. It's a two person mummy bag so it packs much smaller than two big bags and it has less interior air space to keep warm. It is strictly a to person bag though, not two bags that zip together.

dumolebob

Observer
We got two bags from ll bean which mate together. One is good to 20* the other to 0*. So we flip it over depending upon how cold it is supposed to get that night. We've used them for the past 20 yrears! Yes, TWENTY years! Quality leaves no regret!!:wings:

mosupernak

Adventurer
Looked at double sleeping bags for a while. None I found really blew me away esp for the $350+ price tags.

So I just kept doing what I've been doing, it's way more versitile, cheaper, and around the same weight:

1 king down comforter, 1 king fleece blanket, 2 sheets, 1 light blanket J.I.C. on top of 2 4" REI sleeping pads. The blankets, sleets, and comforter go in 2 medium stuff sacks that probably weigh 8-9Lbs and all cost me $100 plus the pads.

And there you go I have 1-2 person sleeping system that works anywhere from -15 to 100 degrees. Call me old fashoned but it's works (even a little bit wet stupid cooler :) )

dblosch

Adventurer
I've seen the Big Agnes "King Solomon" mentioned a couple times, and it's always gotten good reviews. But what about Big Agnes's less expensive double- the "Dream Island?" Does anybody here use one of those? I have seen some mixed reviews on it, would like to hear more. It's quite a bit cheaper and right now you can get it at REI for a screamin' deal if you're a member... :wings:

I've already got a pair of pads that will work, my question is mostly related to the temperature rating. I've heard once or twice that +15 isn't accurate... and letting the misses be cold is a recipe for disaster! :Wow1:

Thanks,
Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94