Expo First Aid Kits-- What to Carry?

cruisertoy

Explorer
Years ago i used to have a very nice medical kit that I took with me everywhere. It was some EMT kit i got on a really good sale. It was far more than I would ever be able to use with the certifications I had at the time. I know people have stated tht you should only carry what you know how to use, but my thought was that at least the kit was there incase there was someone else that knew how to use the stuff.

We were climbing at a local Crag on day and as I was finishing up a climb I saw some people tallus skiing (jumping down the rocky tallus slope) on the other side of the canyon. The problem was that they were headed straight for a 50' cliff. We were yelling up to the point the lead guy went right over the edge. Nothing like the sound of a body bouncing off a cliff and them down the slope nother 20'. The Bronco was at the bottom of the canyon so I picked up the medical kit on the way over to the guy. We were the first ones there and quickly called yelled down the canyon for help. An EMT happened to be in the canyon hiking and came a minute or two later. He whipped through that kit pretty quick and was very vocal about how lucky this guy was that the right tools and the right properly trained guy was on hand even if they did get there seperately. I'd carry the best kit you can afford. You never know who will be there to use what you can't. Get trained so you can use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke