Mountain Khaki Pants

DaveM

Explorer
I have a pair of the original mountain khakis and a pair of the utility pants. The khakis fit better but the utility pants are more robust, if not a bit loose. I love them both and will probably get another pair of Khakis as camp pants.

I have one gripe about MK, when I bought my utility pants a few weeks ago through Amazon they arrived with one of the pockets badly sewn into the side seam (triple stitched in!). I contacted MK, who make a big deal about quality, and fully expected them to offer a direct exchange for me, after all it was their construction at fault not shipping damage etc. Instead I got a pretty short email instructing me to return the item to Amazon, who by this time had nothing left in my size. They offered to make it right after I complained a bit but by that time I decided to just cut and re-sew the picket myself - worked ok, one sides a little shorter than the other :p

Anyway, I like MK's stuff but their customer service needs al little work.

pint

Adventurer
I have worn the originals for a number of years almost daily for work, travel, camping, etc. I also have the cords which are nice for "business casual" in the winter.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I have a few pair of MK and loved them, I say loved because I cant fit my fat *** into them at the moment. Maybe with more mountain biking I can get into them again soon.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I have a pair of the original mountain khakis and a pair of the utility pants. The khakis fit better but the utility pants are more robust, if not a bit loose. I love them both and will probably get another pair of Khakis as camp pants.

I have one gripe about MK, when I bought my utility pants a few weeks ago through Amazon they arrived with one of the pockets badly sewn into the side seam (triple stitched in!). I contacted MK, who make a big deal about quality, and fully expected them to offer a direct exchange for me, after all it was their construction at fault not shipping damage etc. Instead I got a pretty short email instructing me to return the item to Amazon, who by this time had nothing left in my size. They offered to make it right after I complained a bit but by that time I decided to just cut and re-sew the picket myself - worked ok, one sides a little shorter than the other :p

Anyway, I like MK’s stuff but their customer service needs al little work.

Well that's not so good to hear (about their lack of good post-sale customer service). I guess, like you, I would have expected better given their marketing BS. And agreed: The utility model fits a bit loose. I wish they fit as well as my Carhartt's. Or I wish my Carhartt's were made as well as my MK Utilitie's :).

I recently purchased a couple pair of the Wrangler Riggs ripstop cotton Carpenter pants. Fit very similar to Carhartt's but much better construction overall. And $29 at the Work World Store.

lamontagne

Adventurer
I've got two pairs of the original MK's and I only have one gripe about them, the belt loops have become frazzeled (stitching has come undone) on both pairs????

Other than that, I love them both!

Wander

Expedition Leader
I like them too-anyone know of a good source to find them for less-I check Sierra Trading Post often but their stock is pretty limited so I'd love to know of another discount source.

datoy

Adventurer
Ummm, what kind of upholstery do you have in your vehicle......80 grit?
Just sayin'.

Actually I run Neoprene seat covers. The pants get abused when: I am performing vehicle recovery activities, Loading the trailer, Unloading the trailer, Kneeling in the dirt to air down or up the tires, Making a fire, crawling under the FJ to check something, Hiking......

Get the point... It's not sitting that wears the pants... It's using them....

Bugspray

Adventurer
Save some money and just buy Carhartts......the real "original mountain pant".
No one I know wears them(MKs) or can afford them.
I have to give them credit for a nice bit of marketing though, seems to have sucked some people in.

datoy

Adventurer
I have to give them credit for a nice bit of marketing though, seems to have sucked some people in.

I have Carharts and the MK pant canvas is much thicker. I'll be going with MK now.

DaveM

Explorer

I have and wear both. The MKs are tougher and better built and if you shop around they can be had for about the same price. I would never buy MKs at their suggested retail price.

Have you ever worn a pair of MKs?

Bugspray

Adventurer
I still wear 5 pairs of Carhartts that I bought over a decade ago, my wife just bought be two new pairs(on sale of course) a few months ago. I expect I'll have them for over a decade also. How long has MK even been a business? I'd try on a pair of Mks but they dont sell them at the hardware store I shop at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior