microwave

RHINO

Expedition Leader
kinda camping,,,, for those of you who have a rv, trailer ect. or just want a micro, home depot has a very small one on a special buy for only $25. its not 12v but heck, 25 bucks.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Thank you for posting that, Clay.
Were there any specs on it, such as wattage?
I am looking for ideas and that was one thought so as not to have to "cook" inside the vehicle, unless absolutely necessary - weather too bad outside, so possible to heat something inside anyway. We found a small electric kettle at B,B&B for very little and plan to use that for just such a situation.

Frank

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I saw it today Killer price!

FYI - I have not had any luck running a digital 700W micro on a 1000w inverter. I ended up going with a analog model(hard to find these days) that worked fine for a few years.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Christmas 2008....my Daughter gave me a $25 gift card for Home Depot.

One of her first ever Christmas Presents to me....because she now has a job! Sweet!

It's been in my wallet ever since! Because I can't figure out what I need.

I think I'm going to buy this!....:sombrero::victory::costumed-smiley-007:ylsmoke:

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
bout as much as a fridge but hey, i understand the need to pound your chest and scoff at taking a micro out with that fridge, or laptop, or snuggly bear you cuddle with at night:sombrero:

LOL!:victory: I have been considering a microwave too. It would make my life a whole lot easier with my wife, baby bottles to warm up, etc. Perhaps when I was younger I thought it was "cool" to rough it. As I get older, I want to enjoy the experience more, enjoy the outdoors, mainly enjoy the time spent with my family, and if taking a microwave along makes momma happy, I'm all for it. Because if momma's happy, daddy's happy!:ylsmoke:

maXTERRA

Adventurer
LOL!:victory: I have been considering a microwave too. It would make my life a whole lot easier with my wife, baby bottles to warm up, etc. Perhaps when I was younger I thought it was "cool" to rough it. As I get older, I want to enjoy the experience more, enjoy the outdoors, mainly enjoy the time spent with my family, and if taking a microwave along makes momma happy, I'm all for it. Because if momma's happy, daddy's happy!:ylsmoke:

Another "Engightened" traveler!
Guess that's why momma has a nice traveltrailer now, and tenting is out of the question unless I'm doing it by myself!
You know, I just "hate" camping that way. Furnace, bathroom/shower, big fridge, AC. It's rough, but as I get older I found I can cope with it.

I'm planning on building a teardrop camper trailer though.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
I saw it today Killer price!

FYI - I have not had any luck running a digital 700W micro on a 1000w inverter. I ended up going with a analog model(hard to find these days) that worked fine for a few years.

That's a very good point, Phil. Thanks.

I wonder if a larger capacity inverter would be okay ?

Frank

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Christmas 2008....my Daughter gave me a $25 gift card for Home Depot. *clip*

*Clip*It's been in my wallet ever since! Because I can't figure out what I need.*clip*

I have never had this problem before...in fact, I can't even comprehend it. I usually go to home depot not needing a thing, and end up $100 poorer.

:)

Spence

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
I would have strong reservations about this microwave at only 700W. Several years ago I bought a small 800W microwave to use in my camper. It is just about worthless. It takes a Looooong time just to heat a cup of water, and will NOT do popcorn at all.

I would suggest you ask at Home Depot if you can try heating a cup of water in their display model before you buy it. You might decide it's not worth even $25.

JP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz