Breakthrough Expo Kitchen product

overlander

Expedition Leader
Thule just came out with a modular system for RV's that represents what I've had kicking around in my head to make next year after I return from overseas. I have a 10'x10' awning on the side of my 110, and an external rollcage, and I was going to rig up a counter with an integrated sink (or maybe a sink/stove combo) to attach to the external cage on the side of the 110 under the awning, as the base of my camp kitchen.

Well now I don't have to. Thule's Smart RV anchor system has small attachment points that mount to the side of a vehicle, where different accessories can be attached in camp and then removed. they have tables, and a counter with integrated sink. Exactly what I was wanting. so I install a few mount points on the side of the 110, and a marine or RV recessed water point that ties into the future onboard water system that the sink can connect to, and I'm set.

The system folds up for easy storage it looks like on the roof rack.

If this is not new, then forgive the posting, but I'm very excited about this.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Not 100% sure, but I think Adventure Trailers carries these. The one with the sink was integrated into the Oasis trailer on display at Overland Expo 2009.

overlander

Expedition Leader
Well it seems to be a great system and easily adaptable to many different expo vehicles. Thule's site doesn't seem to show all the accessories available that attach to these "pods" but Camping World looks like they sell the full suite.

I don't know how long this system has been available, but wish I had know about it sooner. I'm going to deck out the Rover when I get back with this stuff. :victory:

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Nice idea, but a hundred bucks for the table and you need to buy the "pods" to attach it for another 30...:Wow1:
I think I'll try to find the attaching rails that are used on trailers for the tables and then construct my own table and accessories to attach to the side of the XJ.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Not 100% sure, but I think Adventure Trailers carries these. The one with the sink was integrated into the Oasis trailer on display at Overland Expo 2009.

Yes we install all the Thule RV items on our trailers, vehicles and AT FlipPacs.

It's really well designed and durable.

Sirocco

Explorer
Overlander, If you have an external cage, why not use a number of quick fists attached to a length of wood/alu/plastic (delete as appropriate) which clip onto the cage and a pair of guy ropes at each end tied to the upper portion of the cage.

Its something I have thought about for my 90, but not got around to yet. This way you can specify the table dimensions, it will be flat for storage, you can adjust the table at any angle (using guy ropes) incase your not parked on the flat.

Just some food for though :)

G

Carlyle

Explorer
I have a table for the side of my camper, very durable and handy. The only downside I 've seen is that it's heavy.

DSC02027-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior