Apple Tablet: iPad

joneseyyy

Explorer
I read/post on the forum on my Ipad using Tapatalk, and Tapatalk will host your photos so you can post them up on the forum. Very slick and worth the $1.99 price to me.

On another note, I just installed the Ram mount seat-rail mount in the 4runner and have fount the mount+ipad2+motionx on road and Gaia GPS off-road to be a STELLAR combination.

Is anyone able to upload photos to this forum via their IPad? Mine doesn't recognize any folders on the iPad. I'm planning a long trip and was considering not taking a laptop.

targa88

Explorer
Gps

On another note, I just installed the Ram mount seat-rail mount in the 4runner and have fount the mount+ipad2+motionx on road and Gaia GPS off-road to be a STELLAR combination.

What are you using for GPS receiver or assisted GPS with 3G?

CityBoyAtl

Adventurer / Globetrotter
CIMG0014.JPG

egn

Adventurer
What good is a device in an expedition camper if it only works at "WiFi hotspots"?

I always use my own 3G/UMTS pocket hotspot from HUAWEI . This way multiple users can concurrently share one plan and I don't require a mobile modem for each device.

Last edited:

rugbier

Adventurer
How much is the monthly hot spot ? I think my I phone verizon hotspot is $30/month, and don't need another device.

Jailbreak the phone, and since Verizon Data Plan is unlimited , you wouldn't be cheating when you install MyWi hot spot once jailbroken.

additional monthly cost = $ 0.00 to connect your ipad to the phone

Holger

Observer
Here I Australia I can use my I phone as personal hotspot free of charge, no jailbreak needed... Check with your provider..

jrose609

Explorer
Is there a way to connect a webcam to the iPad 1 ? I am away from home for a time,a and I would like to be able to use Skype to talk to the family.

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks, Scott. The Scenic Map web page is here http://scenicmap.blogspot.com/

They're offering a free map of the southwest/Grand Canyon region to introduce the application.
The area covered starts in Phoenix to the south. Montecello UT is the northern
edge of the free map, so not quite all the way to Moab.

You pay $10 for a 2 GB map of western or central or eastern USA, or Alaska.

The web site has a couple of YouTube videos that show how the program works.

Scenic Map can work with GPS input so you can see where you are in real time. There's
a web page that describes how to use Scenic Map with the iPad 3G, which has a built-in GPS,
and with external GPS units that can link to the iPad via Bluetooth.
http://scenicmap.blogspot.com/p/compatible-gps-receivers.html

RobRed

Explorer
Ipad in Landcruiser

I've been using the iPad as a nav tool for over a year.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 59

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier