be8a91ebffc28a693c314702f3ebae37.jpg

Outfitted for my idea of camping
5136f5bf9b1f1ee5a1976a73b01c6189.jpg

What he ends up doing while camping
d30b799604116cdf1701a9050ad1fef5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shauniscndn

Adventurer
Aw man I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I've got 2, and one will be 12 this December so I know the clock is ticking, and I am not looking forward to that day. Means more to me than most humans.

I'm guessing he was one happy puppy in that pic.

I hear you there & no need to be sorry, the dog heaven quote was perfect & reminded me of how much fun he had that trip. So truly thanks.

& my 2 now are mine & my wife's kidlets - all 3 have been closer than most of my co-workers of 13 years & even some family lol

shauniscndn

Adventurer
Great action shot ^^^ and Love the camping pics as well. My 2 new ones have yet to go for a full camping trip but hopefully in the fall we will get them out

Lucky j

Explorer
Ok,
So for now, I do not have a very nice pic of my dog to post here, this is not the main reason.

But I wanted to show you what she did. In her case, she can be like many other dog an escape artist. The things she did over the years to escape as always impressed me. But in this case, she could show a good some of the scum bag thieves hoe to get inside a soft top jeep, w/o cutting a window pane or the complete roof.

View attachment 372554

The dog in question, the malamuthe on the right.

What she did, when I going away for a while and I decided it is better not to take here along, I leave her on a leach at the cabin. 2 days in a row when I was coming back, she had found a way to jump in my lifted TJL by the rear side since the soft windows were out and I drove away with my DD. When this happend, I get scared that she would jump out and get chocked.

So this time, I decided to installed the windows (and also rain and snow was in the forcast).

So when I got back, could not see the dog, but was hearing her crying and barking happy, well, she was again in the jeep. (Sorry no pictures add to get her out) but she mannage to pull the bottom of the long side window by gripping the rear lower corner and also ripping of the lower left corner of the rear window zipper and pulled the lower plastic piece all the way to the front door frame and she jumped in. Here some picture of the damage fabric. Will cost me 25,00$ for a zipper and a couple of hours on my sawing machine.

I guess she feel secured when in the jeep, and understand I will be back to them. I guess she know that I am faithfull to them! Lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

Coachgeo

Explorer
This is Jake. God rest his soul!! Best trail dog that ever existed. Would stay mostly beside my driver door as I creeped along trails in my TJ back in the days. This pic is at Bump Hump in Moab. Back then was a reporter for Rockcrawler(dot)com E magazine. Nice magazine but got sold to competition and shut down. Annnnnnnway.... was standing right by the Bump shooting pictures for hour or so during Easter Jeep as part of a 7day blog/article. He he was right by my side whole time watching Yeeps, Yota's and every other thing from no name wanne be's to big time names in offroading trying to climb that rock face. 99% unsuccessful. Weather was not good that day is why many didn't hit the trails too late that day and end up haning out trying their hands at Hump Bump and Potatoe Salid Hill.

As dark clouds made it obvious that weather was for sure going to get really bad..... folk started leaving the Bump. He and I were last ones to walk away when he looked up at me... and back on the Hump Bump... and back at me several times. could see in his eyes that he was saying to me.... "why in the hell could no one climb that silly thing".... then with a bound... his claws scraping and scraping as he inched higher and higher. I honestly worried he would injure is claw nails he was scratching so hard his way up that thing..... his muscles pumping like an allstar athlete them boom.... he was at the top and struck that pose.. AHAAAA... I am VICTORIOUS.. I AM KING. He was like Naila on the rock in "Lion King".

day6_b.jpg
Love you Jake.. your so missed.

pix1084-800.jpg

Hump Bump

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior