Random dog shots

salsataco

Adventurer
I thought that we could use a place to put random shots of our dogs. This is Jake. We just adopted him right after I got my 06 Taco. It was one of the reasons for getting it actually. Those opening Ex. Cab doors are great.

IMG_8060clint.jpg

IMG_8092running.jpg

He has major beer goggles.
IMG_8011beer.jpg

Notice the stack of kayaks nex to the couch. Yup I got it good!

So lets see your dogs!

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
Here's some of my pups-

The brown mutt is Chuy, the black & white mutt is Nachita, and the lab is Kona (she belongs to my brother-in-law but we "borrow" her sometimes).

They all like to wheel, camp, explore, and help me work on my trucks! I'm so proud!:luxhello:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Cool thread. My dog is a terrier/poodle mix, yeah, I know... :eek: :eek: She is a divorce dog. :shakin: She isn't a camper or a trail dog, but is a good lil girl.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Here are our dogs...

The first one is "Kai", we adopted her from the Humane Society in September '06. She is almost 6 months old and is a Lab/something small mix.

The black boy is "Miles" and we just adopted him 2 weekends ago. He was abandoned at the Vet, so we took him in as a companion to Kai. He is about 6 months too and a Lab/Rott mix.

So our family size has doubled in the last three months!!

The picture of the three dogs in the back of the 80 is my brother's Cruiser and his two dogs on the left and Kai on the right a few weeks ago.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
1: Cherokee trying to figure out how to get down into Tule Tank

2: How Scott made a friend for life.

She is a lab/pit mix that I adopted from a local no-kill agency back in Dec '03. Hands down the coolest dog ever (except when she digs up and eats the irrigation system....or digs up the plants in the back yard, drags them in through the dog door and eats them in the living room....or when she eats the walls (twice)....)

Last edited:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Oli !

DCP_0988.JPG

Several of you have met Oliver!
Oliver is about about 3 years old and we've had him since he was 5 weeks old and 3 pounds!
His breed is certified Coconut Retriever! We got him on the island of St. Thomas and raised him on the island of St.Croix.

An auto mechanic with an outside shop under a car-port with a dirt floor had a litter of pups. We were walking by one day, stopped to oogle over the cute puppies and he offered us one! We asked for one of the short haired males and he said to come back tomorrow. The next day he presented us with our pup who we quickly named Oliver aftet the color of his olive eyes. Oliver had been given away at 3 weeks of age and had not been fed for a week! The mechanic actually went and took the dog away from the people he had originally gifted him to and passed him on to us since he figured we would take proper care.

Oliver was given to us with a full coat of fleas and two types of stomache worms! The local vet did all the recovery work pro-bono since we had accepted the responsibility of taking care of Oliver in a community where many people were raising dogs to fight. In fact we had several people offer to buy oliver from us... we politely declined!

Before he ever saw his first tennis ball Oliver would chase coconuts on the beach and bring them back to you for another throw, funniest thing was that the coconuts were bigger than his head!

:suning:

Rockcrawler

Adventurer
goodtimes said:
1: Cherokee trying to figure out how to get down into Tule Tank

2: How Scott made a friend for life.

She is a lab/pit mix that I adopted from a local no-kill agency back in Dec '03. Hands down the coolest dog ever (except when she digs up and eats the irrigation system....or digs up the plants in the back yard, drags them in through the dog door and eats them in the living room....or when she eats the walls (twice)....)

You forgot eating the remote... and the faceplate... my garden hose... Okay, she might have had help w/ a few of those...

CJ through Scott's Lens... Hackberry Creek Near Superior, AZ
Cherokee being a ham (Goodtimes' mutt)
CJ all dopey and half asleep

CJ is a retriever Mix that was adopted from a no-kill agency in Tucson. She was 3 months old when I got her and is just over 2 years old now.

HongerVenture

Adventurer
I never liked small dogs and I grew up with medium sized dogs (border collie mix and a cocker spaniel). However, my wife has always loved black pugs, having grown up with one. I got her one for her birthday about a year and a half ago.

This is Mercy...
Mercy.jpg

I've grown to love this dog as much as any big dog. She isn't yappy, she fancies herself an 85-pound dog (though only weighing 16), and most amazingly all the larger dogs seem scared of her!

salsataco

Adventurer
Glad everyone is enjoying this thread. It would appear that traveling and dogs go hand in hand. Jake is heading up north with me for the holidays. Hopefully he wont pee on the couch like he did on Thanksgiving.:smilies27

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste