Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum flatbed for compact trucks?

Default Aluminum flatbed for compact trucks?

Have any of you ever seen an aluminum flatbed for compact trucks? I'd love to have one with storages boxes underneath like you see on some full size truck flatbeds.

This is the only one I can find and it looks like exactly what I'm after. I sent Alum-Line and email but got no reply.

1999 Mitsubishi Montero SR
    1989 Mazda B2600i Turbo Diesel http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=29762
    1987 Suzuki Samurai LWB Turbo Diesel
    1998 Suzuki RMX250
    1999 Suzuki DR350SE
    1996 Honda XR600

Trans America Trail (TAT) survivor.

www.uteltd.com

I have one but have not installed it yet. To many other projects keep getting in the way. The\ bed is a bolt on set up and well made with removable sides, under deck boxes, even a topper option.

I met one of the sales at Iowa state fair, asked for a quote of a custom truck topper. 3 months late, I have not got anything from him yet.
    ________
    LAMBORGHINI 350GTV HISTORY
    Last edited by bme; 05-09-2011 at 12:04 AM.

I was planning on building a bed like that for my FJ55 project.. But, maybe i'll just save up to buy one of those beds and retrofit it.
    1991 Mitsubishi Montero LS - Factory

Cruiser Outfitters
    Expedition Utah

I have a Ute LTD bed on my Nisan Frontier. One thing to consider is that a compact truck will not have a lot of underbed space due to the shorter wheel base and frame length. Aus makes a lot of compact truck sized underbed storage boxes but those arent available in the US. When I home I'll post a few pics to explain.
    This thread is about how snobby and elitist ExPo has become, not about EE's forum. Please stay on topic while bashing this forum on this forum.

I talked to one guy who had one on his compact chevy, about what you're looking for, and he told me he spent $6k on the thing!! I bet you could find a lot of very good fabricators where you are who could do exactly what you want for the same or less.

$6K? No tahnks.. I'll build my own.
    1991 Mitsubishi Montero LS - Factory

Cruiser Outfitters
    Expedition Utah

Quote Originally Posted by dustboy View Post
    I talked to one guy who had one on his compact chevy, about what you're looking for, and he told me he spent $6k on the thing!! I bet you could find a lot of very good fabricators where you are who could do exactly what you want for the same or less.
    Dang that is way to much. I think the ute beds are in the $2,500 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifier View Post
    Dang that is way to much. I think the ute beds are in the $2,500 range.
    Huh. Maybe it had a dumper...

I paid about a grand for mine off craigslsit.
    This thread is about how snobby and elitist ExPo has become, not about EE's forum. Please stay on topic while bashing this forum on this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast