Aluminum flatbed for compact trucks?

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Have any of you ever seen an aluminum flatbed for compact trucks? I'd love to have one with storages boxes underneath like you see on some full size truck flatbeds.

This is the only one I can find and it looks like exactly what I'm after. I sent Alum-Line and email but got no reply.

1428244188_3029676933.jpg

1427365489_5d5d3b8188.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
www.uteltd.com

I have one but have not installed it yet. To many other projects keep getting in the way. The\ bed is a bolt on set up and well made with removable sides, under deck boxes, even a topper option.

sami

Explorer
I was planning on building a bed like that for my FJ55 project.. But, maybe i'll just save up to buy one of those beds and retrofit it.

adrenaline503

Explorer
I have a Ute LTD bed on my Nisan Frontier. One thing to consider is that a compact truck will not have a lot of underbed space due to the shorter wheel base and frame length. Aus makes a lot of compact truck sized underbed storage boxes but those arent available in the US. When I home I'll post a few pics to explain.

dustboy

Explorer
I talked to one guy who had one on his compact chevy, about what you're looking for, and he told me he spent $6k on the thing!! I bet you could find a lot of very good fabricators where you are who could do exactly what you want for the same or less.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
I talked to one guy who had one on his compact chevy, about what you're looking for, and he told me he spent $6k on the thing!! I bet you could find a lot of very good fabricators where you are who could do exactly what you want for the same or less.

Dang that is way to much. I think the ute beds are in the $2,500 range.

dodecagon2000

Adventurer
so i talked to ute today and i am 80% sure i'm going to pull the trigger on a flatbed. any one else have any last words on this idea?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles