Thread: 69 Ford van 4wd "Casper"

Default 69 Ford van 4wd "Casper"

O.K. my friend Tom has decided to start building a camper van and converting it to 4wd. I started calling it "Chester" but my wife said it sounded too creepy. The van was found on craigslist for $500, after driving down to a rough neighborhood to look at it he offered $300 and he drove it home. It has a 302/c4.
    Yesterday while searching craigslist I came upon a 1978 ford bronco chassis for $400, so off we went to pick it up. The motor is a 351m boat anchor,the tranny and t-case are a np435/205. Right now the plan is to possibly use the tranny and t-case or go with a later model auto with overdrive and a borg-warner t-case. I'll post more pics as it progreses.

02 F350 supercab,shortbed, 7.3
    94 toyota 4x4 ex.cab
    91 Isuzu Trooper
    09 Honda CRF450x

This'll be a sweet build.
    Petunia1995 FZJ80
    Suzy 2001 Subaru Forester
    2011 Specialized Rockhopper LTD

I like "Chester" better. As in Molester.

Looks like quite a project.
    ~Eric
    Fairfax, Virginia & Parts Unknown
    KJ4ETF - TLCA:18721
    2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser-
    1 or 2 Scratches & Some other stuff.
    Conqueror Compact

Five Strings, Three Chords, and The Truth

Looks like someone's getting ready to have some fun!!!
    Chris Steuber
    02 E350 7.3 V4
    11 E350 5.4 V5
    99 E36 M3
    www.ujointoffroad.com
    4x4 Van Conversions

Hmmm, you and I should talk! Your build is exactly what I wanted to do...but I'm going to lose everything pretty soon so I better start selling some stuff.

Here's a 1973 4x4 van. 1 of 10 made in 1973.

This might make your 4x4 conversion a lot faster. If you're interested, PM me.

Here is my 1969 pop-top van (not yet for sale). Hopefully I will be able to keep it. This thing is sooo clean and it only has 56K miles on it. I've owned it for 5 years I think.

That pic is a little to dark to get the full affect.
    1987 Quadravan 4x4 Turbo Diesel
    1992 F350 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4

Very nice, and I like the van too.
    I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag

Quote Originally Posted by UHAULER View Post
    O.K. my friend Tom has decided to start building a camper van and converting it to 4wd. I started calling it "Chester" but my wife said it sounded too creepy. The van was found on craigslist for $500, after driving down to a rough neighborhood to look at it he offered $300 and he drove it home. It has a 302/c4.
    Yesterday while searching craigslist I came upon a 1978 ford bronco chassis for $400, so off we went to pick it up. The motor is a 351m boat anchor,the tranny and t-case are a np435/205. Right now the plan is to possibly use the tranny and t-case or go with a later model auto with overdrive and a borg-warner t-case. I'll post more pics as it progreses.

Do you still have this camper van? what other mods did you do in your van? can you post pics of it? I just got my 2nd hand van from craiglist too and planning to do some mods and rebuild on it, and I'm still thinking what mods to do on it and what Ford parts and/or accessories to have.